R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
The company began as a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. They offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All the employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. They also have their founding leadership in place. The distinctive owner culture allows them to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with their clients’ long-term investment objectives.
They now seek a team assistant to the SA unit trusts’ team to join their team. You will report to the deputy managing director. You will however, also support five senior executives who are client facing.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Team assistant:
- You will be responsible for extensive diary management (especially management of people and time);
- You will be responsible for travel arrangements including flights, car hire and accommodation;
- You will be responsible for meeting arrangements (internal and external);
- You will be required to deal with client and staff queries in a professional manner;
- You will be responsible for typing and formatting of documents and management of folders;
- You will be responsible for taking actions at internal meetings and distributing to the team;
- You will be responsible for miscellaneous errands, as and when requested;
- You will be responsible for coordinating due diligences, client meetings;
- You will be responsible for booking meeting rooms / venues;
- You will be required to compile meeting packs – printing and binding;
- You will be responsible for receiving visitors / clients;
- You will be responsible for arranging catering and refreshments for meetings;
- You will be required to manage and reconcile all expenses on the expense system (KDS);
- You will be required to arrange client gifts as and when necessary;
- You will be responsible for compliance – ensuring that compliance approval is received in accordance with the FAIS regulations;
- You will be required to ensure the office is tidy and log any issues with facilities accordingly;
- You will be responsible for arranging smaller ad hoc events (maximum 50 people);
- You will be responsible for the coordination of external client events which includes but not limited to road shows, workshops, client conferences, golf days, breakfasts, lunches etc.;
- You will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of internal staff team buildings / offsites;
- You will be required to travel;
- You will be responsible for brief and objective discussions with sales management and budget management;
- You will be responsible for sourcing venues for events, dinners, workshops etc.;
- You will be responsible for distribution of invitations and following-up with clients via Salesforce and CVent;
- You will be responsible for conducting electronic RSVP’s and capturing all information correctly for all events;
- You will be responsible for assisting in the online registration of guests at events as well as helping with set-up of the event, attending and helping with smooth running of event on the day;
- You will be responsible for printing & collation of conference / roadshow / workshop / information packs;
- You will be responsible for providing final reporting post an event for event follow-ups;
- Risk & compliance responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for adhering to the code of ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc. ;
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected;
- You will be responsible for reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues;
- You will be responsible for reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong organisational capabilities;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have good interpersonal skills;
- You are able to work under pressure and use initiative as required;
- You are flexible – a self-starter and you are able to cope under pressure;
- You have the ability to work for a team of individuals, rather than a single person- this is important;
- You have a keen eye for detail and require minimum supervision;
- You are motivated, patient, conscientious and proactive;
- You are systematic and administration orientated;
- You have the ability to ensure sound team functionality;
- You have an excellent telephone manner;
- You are able to work after hours if required. You are well presented, professional and are always keen to go the extra mile to ensure the team output is successful.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A./B. Soc Sc;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years current, relevant experience as a team assistant within the financial services industry and ideally in the investments industry;
- You have work experience as an executive assistant to a client service team or senior management – this is essential;
- You have advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint knowledge.
This is a progressive, successful, global financial services company. You enjoy a high performance culture where rewards on performance include performance bonuses.
Dynamic team culture and global best practice work output.