R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading fixed-income asset manager and specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek a business development executive: new business – and a role for existing business ( a second potential role) to join their team. One team member has moved internally and one is retiring.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop and implement the new business distribution strategy with the institutional business development team;
- You will be required to represent and enhance confidence in the company brand through building strong prospective client and stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM;
- You will be responsible for mobilising teams across the business to meet prospective client and stakeholder needs; influencing product development, identifying and converting client and market needs into business opportunities for the organisation;
- Formulate and implement a new business distribution strategy that includes:
- You will be responsible for developing a strategic plan for sales which aligns with business growth objectives;
- You will be responsible for the development of effective solutions and consultative sales process to ensure clients’ needs are accurately met;
- You will be responsible for market analysis and evaluation and identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes;
- You will be responsible for competitor analysis and organisation positioning;
- You will be required to gather and distribute market intelligence information to the broader organisation;
- Actively execute an effective sales strategy:
- You will be required to implement the new business sales process: Follow leads, liaise with prospective clients, interact with stakeholders and drive opportunity to conclusion;
- You will be required to facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline;
- You will be required to identify and develop strategic partnerships to leverage new opportunities;
- You will be required to identify new markets, develop and implement strategies for future opportunities;
- You will be responsible for management of key stakeholder relationships;
- You will be required mobilise the relevant teams in the organisation to achieve organisation’s net client cash flow targets;
- You will be required to facilitate the fee negotiations with consultants and clients and ensuring commerciality of the business;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the client relationship management (CRM) system is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage;
- Relationship management:
- You will be responsible for relationship marketing, client engagement and brand building
- You will be required to give direction regarding tactical event strategies, hosting events, and networking to grow new business;
- You will be required to promote the company’s brand and image by networking with key industry stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for working closely with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business activities. You need to assist in managing the CRM system and drive initiatives to ensure its effectiveness.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a passion for securing new business in the intuitional space;
- You have excellent networking skills and a solid existing network;
- You are able to gain commitment (persuading, negotiating and mobilising others);
- You have the ability to work collaboratively;
- You have strong strategic thinking and planning skills;
- You have tolerance for ambiguity;
- You have strong analytical thinking skills;
- You are able to decide and initiate action;
- You are able to foster collaboration and teamwork;
- You are able to build and maintain relationships;
- You are able to value diversity and difference;
- You have innovative thinking skills;
- You are client focussed;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are able to effectively gain commitment (persuading and negotiating);
- You have strong presentation skills;
- You are able to demonstrate ethics and integrity;
- You are able to display drive and purpose;
- You have strong stress tolerance;
- You are resilient and adaptable;
- You are able to work across teams;
- You have good planning and organising skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com /B.Bus Sc;
- You are a CFA – or part ·
- You have extensive sales and distribution experience in a financial services (experience in an asset management environment is essential) and not in the retail space but distinctly in institutional investments working with trustees of pension funds and asset consultants;
- You have a strong understanding of or experience in the environment of financial planning, investment consulting, employee benefits consulting and multi-management, too.
- You have a strong understanding of and experience in unlisted and alternative assets such as private equity, corporate credit, direct property and renewable energy assets;
- You have current, relevant experience in client relationship management, marketing and client services;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably asset management and in a new business function and an enviable track record with stellar references.
Great team; sound opportunity and a high level of professional integrity shown from all in the business.