R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is South Africa’s largest independent investment manager with more than R200 billion in assets under management. They offer clients a solution-driven approach designed, implemented and managed by a team of experienced investment professionals with a diverse skill set. They have a long-standing tradition of blending both fundamental and rules-based techniques across all asset classes, with a specialist ability in fixed income strategies.
They now seek a credit analyst to join their team. You will report to the chief investment officer/head of credit. They are a funky, smart, capable, energetic, successful specialist business.
This role is for a suitably qualified affirmative action candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work closely with the investment team, client relationship managers and administration team to manage, monitor and maintain client portfolios;
- You will be required to be focused on the credit strategy and work alongside established members of the credit team;
- You will be required to analyse credit investments, prepare investment papers and present to the relevant forums and committees;
- You will be required to review and monitor existing investments;
- You will be required to assist with managing the credit funds, including some administrative tasks (including portfolio administration and liaising with fund accounting), client reporting and maintaining and updating financial models.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent analytical and quantitative skills;
- You have the ability to build financial models;
- You have a strong understanding of leveraged finance, corporate strategy, and general fundamental business analysis;
- You have the ability to synthesise large and complex data sets in succinct and easy to understand presentations;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to present succinctly to internal and external groups;
- You have good accounting knowledge;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are a self-starter and have a proactive “can do” attitude and an ownership mentality;
- You have an intellectual curiosity and evidence of investment mindset / acumen;
- You are a strong, independent, and objective thinker;
- You are able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- You have a willingness to travel.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services; and / or CFA charter holder and strong postgraduate results;
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant post-university full-time work experience in banking, asset management or private equity; but you may be more senior;
- You have a demonstrated track record of excellence in professional achievement; part of the interview process will be to generate an investment report and recommendation
- You have advanced Excel skills.
- You have good networks and familiarity with the local South African corporate, banking and SOE debt market, this is essential.
Bring your skills, expertise, high standard of work to this highly successful house and be rewarded for your skills and personal style with a capable team; a superb manager and good bonus potential even in these times!