R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading fixed-income asset manager and specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards a meaningful difference to their world.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
This role would report into the CEO. The role can be based in Johannesburg or Cape Town with travel to Cape Town to the Exco team.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a wealth of experience to have a significant impact on the overall outcome.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for coordinating and executing the sales and support strategies for investments products ·
- You will be supported by a dedicated business development support role for CRM, due diligence processes and other client service relating tasks;
- You will be responsible for materially increasing gross and net sales of solutions and products domestic and globally;
- You will be required to improve the efficiency and penetration of sales efforts via enhanced targeting of clients for products, improved management of sales campaigns;
- You will be required to increase the knowledge of advisors and investors to obtain greater client exposure for our product range;
- You will be required to present and execute the go to market sales strategy.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are not just a sales person but a strategic thinker too;
- You are able to present a clear, well thought out distribution plan for the company – the go to market strategy;
- You are able to engage at a high level in terms of product knowledge, presenting appropriate solutions to respective clients and add value to their clients;
- You have relationship management skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to work under pressure to complete responsibilities within identified deadlines;
- You are a highly motivated self-starter, results-driven and teamwork oriented.
- You are able to identify, understand and act on broader opportunities in order to drive longer-term value-adding change;
- You are able to identify and act on market and / or competitor trends / opportunities to set, develop and drive out value adding change. Is able to understand, identify and act on broader opportunities in order to drive longer-term, value-adding change;
- You are able to apply judgement effectively;
- You are able to identify and act on market and / or competitor trends / opportunities to set, develop and drive out strategic value adding change;
- Collaboration (relating):
- You are able to proactively establish and maintain relationships;
- You are able to value drive in relating to others;
- You are able to engender trust, respect and the building of meaningful relationships across a variety of contexts;
- You are able to handle a wide range of relational challenges including conflict and confrontation to collaborate across boundaries;
- Innovation (Perspective):
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to relate to challenges from a range of diverse but relevant perspectives;
- You are able to generate creative / out-of-the-box solutions;
- You are able to challenge the status quo and / or demonstrate the ability to relate to challenges from a range of diverse but relevant perspectives;
- You are able to generate new perspectives that allow a more creative approach to be followed;
- You are willing to take calculated risks when introducing novel ideas;
- Customer first:
- You are able to put the customer at the heart of business decisions and drives to improve value for customers;
- You are able to build inspiring customer relationships;
- You are able to be a customer champion and being responsive to customer needs so as to improve our speed to market;
- Leading with influence:
- You are able to influence and rally people behind common goals and inspires others to exceed expectations;
- You are able to actively support the growth and performance of people around them;
- You are able to communicate clear strategies and objectives for own function;
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have minimum 10 years current, relevant experience (on a senior level) in South Africa and / or offshore in the role of business development (some offshore experience would be a distinct advantage);
- You are backed up by meaningful long term relationships;
- You have in depth knowledge of the industry landscape as well as the key players in both the institutional market (consultants), multi-managers, sovereign wealth funds and DFM’s (retail investors), and large IFA’s;
- You have expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, is required. CRM would be a distinct advantage.
Wonderful new opportunity for consummate professional. We are not looking for someone to wine and dine – we are looking for a strategic partnership for the clients and the business and someone who understands offerings in this specialist space and is able to use technology and data as well as sustained credible relationships to manage institutional and some retail relationships for this visible and responsible asset manager.