R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client started in South Africa, in 1991. Today, the company manages R2.3 trillion* for their clients globally. The company began as a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. They offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All the employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. They also have their founding leadership in place. The distinctive owner culture allows them to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with their clients’ long-term investment objectives.
They now seek a transaction management analyst to join their team. You will report to the head of transaction management. The prior incumbent is moving internally.
An exciting role in a dynamic team focusing on the ongoing management / monitoring of existing private market portfolios, in collaboration with various internal teams (investment management, legal, compliance, fund accounting and others) including primary responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely completion of AML / KYC due diligence on all private market portfolios.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for balancing two key sets of related responsibilities;
- Investment AML / KYC due diligence:
- You will be required to complete initial KYC due diligence on relevant private market portfolio companies (covers infrastructure, credit, private equity and real estate);
- You will be required to liaise with the investment team and portfolio companies / facility agents to understand the relevant corporate structure and retrieve outstanding documentation;
- You will be required to manage all internal communication / coordination on KYC as well as quarterly external KYC reporting across private markets;
- You will be responsible for annual KYC refreshes, PEP approval process and outgoing KYC requests across private markets;
- You will be required to ensure funds are appropriately onboarded with facility agents in advance of investment;
- You will be required to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the investment, compliance & other internal teams, facility agents and portfolio companies;
- Investment monitoring:
- You will be required to act as contact point for all waivers, consents and amendments on relevant private market portfolio companies;
- You will be required to provide analysis of requests, synthesise relevant information and coordinate internal approvals/response to portfolio companies, keeping a record for audit / reporting purposes;
- You will be required to source, aggregate and present relevant reportable information in format required by fund committees / boards, investors and management;
- You will be required to monitor performance of portfolio companies against tracked covenants and obligations to provide financial/other information, flagging risks as appropriate;
- You will be required to review key information provided by portfolio companies to assess any material change in circumstances;
- You will be required to manage completion of conditions precedent in advance of disbursement of funds.
- Risk & compliance:
- You will be responsible for adhering to the code of ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.;
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected;
- You will be responsible for reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues;
- You will be responsible for reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have a great work ethic;
- You have a positive attitude;
- You have the ability to simplify complex problems and processes;
- You have the ability to learn quickly;
- You are calm under pressure;
- You are able to deal with conflict;
- You are organised;
- You enjoy working as part of a team.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com / LLB; B.Bus Sc.
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years current, relevant work experience as a law firm associate or equivalent at a bank, accounting firm, development finance institution or asset manager; Asset manager or investment bank is a strong preference.
- You have Microsoft Office Suite skills.
This is a very progressive, successful business. You will hit the ground running and will enjoy a high performance culture where rewards on performance include performance bonuses, training, smart team culture and global best practice.