R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract a candidate who may not be in the market but who is looking for an exciting new venture to challenge their brand nous to the full.
Join a highly talented team. They are launching a national offering – and have the backing and IP to do so.
They need a Marketing Guru – the names on your CV will speak for themselves. You have energy, passion, current branding knowledge and are rearing to put this to great use!
Launch is aimed for December 2020 – so very busy time and huge work to do this year. The Exco are superstars.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for all marketing;
- You will be responsible for liaising with the advertising agency and external product providers;
- You will be responsible for communication (internal and external);
- You will be responsible for overseeing all points of contact with the public;
- You will be responsible for CRM;
- You will be responsible for customer support;
- You will be responsible for induction of new staff;
- You will be responsible for brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term; including the name of the new entity and related launch!
- You will be responsible for planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media;
- You will be responsible for assisting with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as developing new business opportunities;
- You will be responsible for creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding;
- You will be responsible for managing the budget for advertising and promotional items;
- You will be responsible for competitor and customer insights analysis;
- You will be responsible for reporting and presenting on the results of marketing and communication strategies link back to forecasts and relevant financials and reporting.
- You will be required to assume responsibility for devising a brand development strategy and leading marketing practices aligned with overall client capture and business growth objectives;
- You will be required to assume day-to-day management of the marketing function including implementation of measurements for the success of the marketing business plan;
- Plan and drive communications:
- You will be required to ensure the company delivers a proactive communications programme to all stakeholders across all platforms;
- You will be required to generate positive media coverage and raise the profile of the company by gaining speaker slots for key staff at appropriate online and in-person conferences, forums and events;
- You will be required to develop thought leadership communications programmes – both face-to-face and digitally;
- You will be required to targeted communication to support sales;
- Oversee optimisation of digital marketing:
- You will be required to oversee the ideation, production, delivery and management of seamless and integrated digital experiences for the company across all internal and external digital channels i.e. Web, Mobile, Social, App;
- You will be required to oversee the digital customer experience strategy;
- You will be required to ensure content partnerships and market opportunities as well as manage content sharing;
- Oversee design & graphics:
- You will be required to oversee development and maintenance of the company’s corporate identity;
- Drive brand and advertising:
- You will be required to monitor brand position and develop tactical responses to market feedback;
- You will be required to monitor all brand “touch points” and enhance to ensure they meet established brand standards and remain competitive in the market;
- You will be required to develop and maintain relationships with key external partners;
- You will be required to ensure the writing of compelling and clear design briefs that define requirements to agency;
- You will be required to identify research requirements and develop programmes to improve product positioning and marketing efforts;
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong project management skills – you are able to effectively oversee multiple projects; take accountability for project outcomes; ensure team delivers on project KPI’s; keep others informed of progress; coach others on how to manage projects effectively;
- You have honed strategic thinking skills – you are able to demonstrate the ability to make high impact decisions to make sure business is evolving and fully optimised; apply and push team towards innovation to solve key problems; guide and set vision for team; coach others on strategic thinking;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English – you are able to demonstrate the ability to communicate complex or difficult messages both internally and externally; demonstrates high e.q. through his / her actions; are a product evangelist to the media and external stakeholders; demonstrate managerial courage and effectively communicates upward; share valuable information in a timely manner that help others be more effective; receptive to feedback; skilfully adapt his / her communication style to fit audience and message;
- You have subject matter expertise – you are able to demonstrate a deep understanding of customer service / marketing and best practice; brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term; understand the competition in how it impacts metrics. We would not review CV’s from parastatals or the manufacturing sector for this role.
- You are intellectually inquisitive;
- You are a change agent;
- You are results focused;
- You have strong business acumen;
- You have process management skills;
- You have strong planning skills;
- You have strong negotiation skills;
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills;
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a marketing qualification (university degree at honours level as a minimum);
- You have a minimum of 10 years current, relevant marketing experience in blue-chip branded companies where brand management, client retention and sales were critical deliverables; ·
- You have honed knowledge and experience of digital marketing and website analytics;
- You have proven experience in building key stakeholder relationships quickly, selling the right story at the right time to increase brand presence and sales;
- You have strong knowledge of research techniques and processes and the interpretation of results;
This is a marketing and business role par excellence. The Exco will be small and nimble – we want the corporate experience in an entrepreneurial package – so we have the best of both worlds. You will not sit in meetings and or wait for a review to get ahead – you will arrive pre launch be instrumental in the success of the offering and the business will fly – with you at the helm of marketing and part of the start up team of ten!