R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a management consulting firm in Cape Town, working in the financial services space.
They now seek a management consultant to join their team.
You will be involved with asset managers, 3rd party administrators, investment businesses and their related suppliers.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
You will inter alia – project manager the implementation of a new system for the retail investments space. This would include managing a team and tracking a project plan across vendors – locally and internationally. And reporting on this to execs. You will look at trade management solutions at a client – including managing a team and vendors nationally and internationally and chairing and presenting at Steering committees. You will be responsible for financial modelling for a product to review its feasibility . You will implement a data management tool and a compliance product across multiple clients, simultaneously. You will assist with new business initiatives – as the company devises these and be aware of what is needed at various clients you work at – so that you can take this back to the execs for them to work a proposition. This is a responsible, visible role.
- You will be required to partner cross functionally at the company.
- You will be required to elicit, analyse and specify requirements to solve complex business challenges. The analyses you create will help drive revenue, margin and client retention;
- You will be required to drive delivery:
- You will be required to assume responsibility for successful project delivery;
- You will be required to ensure that delivery is to quality expectations, on time, and delivered using formal, repeatable processes;
- You will be required to ensure alignment of delivery to agreed priorities;
- You will be required to ensure alignment of Business Solutions team methodology with that of IS and PMO;
- You will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and reporting delivery risk;
- You will be required to establish and build relationships:
- You will be responsible for building positive working relationships and working closely with internal stakeholders (business, information systems and project management office);
- You will be responsible for setting and managing business expectations in a proactive manner;
- You will be responsible for managing relationships with external vendors;
- You will be responsible for serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users;
- You will be required to perform requirements analysis:
- You will be responsible for evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas of improvement;
- You will be responsible for conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings;
- You will be responsible for documenting and communicating the results of your efforts;
- You will be responsible for effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management;
- You will be responsible for managing competing resources and priorities;
- You will be responsible for determining a pragmatic change management approach;
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to align project delivery to client priorities and expectations will be essential;
- You have exceptional critical and conceptual thinking skills and thrive in a high-performance culture;
- You have the ability to drive delivery;
- You are highly resilient;
- You are deadline focused;
- You have exceptional critical and conceptual thinking skills;
- You are highly resilient;
- You have excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- You have a combination of big picture and a keen eye for detail;
- You have the ability to work effectively with colleagues on ‘all’ levels;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You have a willingness and positive attitude;
- You have a client centric mindset
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a formal PM or BA qualifications;
- You have undergraduate degrees;
- You have a minimum of 6 years current, relevant experience as a BA/consultant with some project management experience in the financial services industry, most specifically the asset management..
- You have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain meaningful relationships;
- You have a proven track record of successful project delivery and optimising business processes within a high-performance environment;
- You have current, relevant experience of the investment administration and / or asset management industry;
- You have systems knowledge relevant to asset management and administration;
- You have knowledge of collaboration tools;
- You have data solutions knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have CRM solutions knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Hugely successful and well respected management consulting team. Hard working; well rewarded team who are always busy and highly respected by their clients and hence constant work and challenges.