R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client follows a disciplined investment approach to protect and grow the wealth of their clients through services such as portfolio management, investment advisory service, stockbroking, derivatives, tax & fiduciary and offshore investments. Their products and services cater for the bespoke needs of High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals, and legal entities now and for generations to come. They employ over 400 people in total with 23 offices in the UK, Australia, Switzerland, the Cayman Islands and Mauritius. They are committed to excellence and as a result, place strong emphasis on client experience, investment performance and most importantly on developing their people creating both an inspirational and aspirational client centred work environment for their people.
The company crafts customised investment portfolios for high net worth private clients, charitable institutions, trusts and corporate entities. With assets under management and administration of more than R151 billion, they offer a comprehensive and integrated suite of wealth management solutions. These include equity, retirement and offshore investment portfolios, fiduciary and tax services, an equity-backed finance offering, a global stockbroking service and derivatives trading.
At the company, the clients are at the core of everything they do. For this reason, they employ people with passion – individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-energy environment.
The company is part of the group, a leading investment and wealth management business in South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia and Europe.
They now seek an equity analyst to join their team. Report to the CIO.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide in-depth, original analysis of the property sector to the director of investments and company’s portfolio managers, to facilitate investment decision-making;
- You will be responsible for focused industry research and analysis; with a focus on property
- You will be responsible for fundamental research of leading publicly listed companies with a view to producing and maintaining a comprehensive investment case;
- You will be responsible for communication of findings and recommendations.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are passionate about investments;
- You have an appetite for research;
- You have the ability to relay information at different levels of the business;
- You are resilient;
- You have the ability to have a debate [which could become robust] and remain professional throughout;
- You are a team player;
- You are a self-starter who can operate at a professional level aimed at high net worth clients;
- You have strong relationship skills to establish and build relationships with stakeholders;
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You have the ability to debate in a constructive manner, challenge popular wisdom;
- You have the ability to research, analyse, synthesise and present information in a meaningful manner;
- You have strong presentation skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You have sound business acumen;
- You have a passion and flair for investments;
- You are a networking and relationship builder;
- You have structured and good planning abilities;
- You are results driven;
- You are able to thrive in a high pressured and dynamic environment;
- You are proactive and have the ability to think independently;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are socially confident and skilled to communicate well;
- You have the ability to solve problems and work with complexity;
- You have an excellent understanding of investment markets and the economy;
- You have a strong networking ability;
- You have good interpersonal skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a Honours degree as a minimum qualification;
- You have a relevant postgraduate qualification – this would be a distinct advantage (CA(SA), CFA, MBA etc
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant work experience (with a minimum of 3 years in either the investment or property industries in a responsible research role );
- You have a strong track record of performance and delivery;
- You have advanced financial modelling and Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel, Power Point;
- You have a good working knowledge of key commercial statues such as Tax, Companies Act and Regulation 28;
- You have the ability to use terminal services such as Bloomberg, Inet.
This is a great role – superb team; friendly, smart, skilled and keen to include you in their business – where you will be able to hit the ground running and be busy and stimulated.