R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- HUGE upside for experience, smart, focused ‘business partner’.
Our client was founded in 2008. Initially the company started out as a fund manager for family assets and over time attracted a number of other HNWI and families as clients. To date, they have exclusively focused on direct client relationships within the HNWI and Family Office market (do not use any intermediaries such as Advisors or platforms). They manage a few funds, domiciled in Ireland and launched in the last 5 years, with top quartile performance. Current total AUM c.R4.5bn.
The company has taken the strategic decision to broaden their distribution network to selectively include the retail market. They believe with their strong track record and well positioned products can significantly grow the businesses with strategic relationships in the advisor and DFM space. To put this in perspective, within the multi asset, worldwide flexible category of c. R60bn they rank in the top three funds over the past 10 years, with 0% market share. The team has already started by listing the the company’s funds on several platforms and are currently in due diligence processes with others.
They now seek a business development manager to join their team. In effect they are looking for a partner to help build the business and not just an employee. There is significant upside for someone that is entrepreneurial and willing to take some risk. This is not financial risk!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work closely with the executive management team and will be responsible for the implementation of the retail distribution strategy- so a wonderful opportunity to put all your experience to good use;
- You will be required to develop and execute the strategic retail business development plan for the business, nationally with a focus on the Western Cape;
- You will be required to build and maintain relationships with financial advisors, investment platforms, discretionary fund managers and other capital allocators;
- You will be responsible for due diligence process management;
- You will be required to manage and maintain client relationships and grow share of wallet in this new space.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-starter with in-depth knowledge of the South African retail-investment industry- LISP and MANCO and existing relationships within the independent financial advisor network. Interest in financial markets and investments are significant and you know the economics of the business, too.
- You have an entrepreneurial approach and you take the initiative;
- You have strong people skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English and ideally Afrikaans – but not essential;
- You are disciplined and have a have a keen eye for detail and are target driven;
- You have a global perspective and are well presented, articulate and worldly wise. You are smart, no nonsense, well presented, honest individual with a high level of integrity and moral fibre!
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a postgraduate degree and a CFP;
- You have a minimum of 7 years current, relevant financial services experience in a business development, financial advisory or discretionary fund manager analyst with experience in the retail space. You must be able to assist in developing the programme in the retail space but also for a while at least, being the person to roll it out and see clients.
- You have an established network and in-depth knowledge of the South African retail-investment environment and an enviable track record. You will be challenged in this space but will enjoy not working in a corporate but having the ability to work unconstrained in this space with all the right support and budget! BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX ROLE!