R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS-
Affirmative action candidate.
Our client’s CIO has said the following re their business and requirement namely:
“We are a relative value house from equity philosophy an process point of view. High performance culture but discourage star mentality. Our portfolio construction process is team based but each analyst has full accountability for the models of stocks allocated to them, so every analyst gets to see how outputs from their models feed through into the ranking table and eventually to the portfolios. Thoroughness is key, I am stating this as we interviewed many “big picture” type candidates who just wont fit into our team. Good performance is highly remunerated. Our engagements with candidates involves getting to know the thought process of the candidate and in the end the candidate chooses a stock to illustrate her/his modelling thought process from begin to end.”
They now seek an Equity Analyst to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to research and analyse shares listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in order to identify investment opportunities from which portfolio managers can make decisions thereby adding value to clients’ portfolios;
- You will be responsible for full research, including company and sector analysis of listed companies on the JSE;
- You will be responsible for assimilation and dissemination of broker information, annual reports and company visits;
- You will be responsible for involvement in investment team debates;
- You will be responsible for presentation of recommendations to the investment team;
- You will be responsible for tracking performance of companies that the company has holdings in.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are confident with strong conviction;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are motivated to prove yourself;
- You are driven;
- You are intellectually curious;
- You have a willingness to learn.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services – this is ideal;
- You have a Business Science – preferably finance stream – this is ideal;
- You are a CFA or part;
- You have a current, relevant working experience as an equity analyst within asset management or stock broking industries;
- You have current, relevant experience in building models for forecasting purposes that test and support your investment decisions;
- You have proven academic ability with consistently top results during their degree as well as proven track record with investment recommendations.
You want to work for a business that is empowered and has smart individuals working there who are committed to their clients and their team mates and South Africa.