R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading fixed-income asset manager and specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek a listed credit analyst to join their credit team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible, as part of a team, for sourcing, collating and distilling various sources of information, to provide timeous and informed investment and trade recommendations, based on thorough analysis and sound judgement of both financial and non-financial risks, for the ultimate benefit of the clients invested in the funds so that they generate alpha;
- Detailed investment analysis
- You will be responsible for including an assessment of financial, operational, management, competitive, industry, governance, environmental and social factors with the goal of expressing an investment view that includes an assessment of the proposed volume and price of the transaction;
- You will be responsible for the proposal of investment recommendations with regard to the new listed bond and money market instruments as well as opportunistic secondary market and relative value trades;
- You will be responsible for the review of existing transactions to assess evolving risks and rewards, and recommend if our client funds should continue to hold the investment, buy more or sell and at what proposed volume and price.
- Analysis of legal documentation:
- You will be responsible for performing a commercial review of key terms and conditions, including key investor protection clauses, for appropriateness;
- You will be responsible for working with external and internal legal advisors to ensure adequate protections are captured in the legal document;
- You will be responsible for the development of proposals for appropriate risk-adjusted pricing for proposed and existing transactions, and working with the team and the dealing desk in the pricing and valuation of listed bond and money-market instruments;
- You will be responsible for monitoring of pricing and issuance trends in listed debt auctions to inform the broader investment decision making process and to propose any investment opportunities that may arise from these trends;
- You will be required, as part of the team, to develop, and subsequently maintain, internal relative value pricing databases and propose any investment opportunities that may arise from this data;
- You will be required to conduct global and local, as well as, industry specific research and analysis, for the purpose of amending or supporting an existing investment decision/view and to propose any new trade ideas that may be supported by the research and analysis;
- You will be required to participate in internal ad-hoc projects: related to listed bonds, process improvements, ASISA initiatives, etc.;
- You will be required to maintain regular contact with borrower management teams, rating agencies, deal originators, legal advisors, internal portfolio managers, ASISA, the JSE and other stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining counterparty and arranger relationships for the purposes of deal origination, including sourcing transactions via reverse enquiry;
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of all investment related data to ensure it is accurate and complete and can be used for investment decision-making and reporting;
- You will be responsible for participation in valuation methods and processes, listed and unlisted credit committees and other internal team meetings;
- You will be responsible for participation in client investor presentations, discussions and report backs.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong ethical base;
- You are passionate about investments;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You are highly organised and adaptable, with a strong ethical base;
- You have the ability to show sound investment judgement that is appropriately motivated / supported;
- You have excellent analytical and presentation skills;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and to meet multiple, tight deadlines and deliverables;
- You have an understanding of the listed bond market, DMTNs, pricing and trading;
- You have critical thinking and sound investment judgement skills;
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork skills;
- You are adaptable;
- You are self-motivated;
- You have the ability to synthesise multiple information sources to form an investment view that is motivated by evidence and facts;
- You have the ability to work with incomplete information and a changing economic and investment environment;
- You are able to display drive, purpose and initiative;
- You have strong learning agility (curiosity and willingness to learn);
- You have excellent planning and organising skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA (SA) with clients at audit in financial services and are studying your CFA;
- You have a minimum of 2 years current, relevant asset management experience in listed credit analysis, deal implementation, monitoring and instrument valuations.
This is a superb company; ethics and moral values are intrinsic to their business model. Smart colleagues; no ego’s and a happy, smiling and busy work environment.