R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client manages R2.3 trillion* for their clients globally. The company began as a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. They are listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
They offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All the employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. They also have their founding leadership in place. The distinctive owner culture allows them to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with their clients’ long-term investment objectives.
They now seek an investment specialist/CREDIT analyst to join their team. You will report to the co-head, SA & Africa: fixed income.
The company’s SA & Africa fixed income’s credit team manages over R80bn across a range of SA & Africa credit funds. These funds include listed credit, infrastructure debt and private credit and include the high income fund (CISCA retail fund), the 15 closed-ended credit opportunities funds and the emerging Africa infrastructure fund. The credit team comprises 19 individuals (14 in Cape Town and 5 in London), plus dedicated legal and ESG individuals and benefits from the resources, networks, and experience of the wider company’s business.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be focused on the credit opportunities strategy and work alongside established members of the credit team;
- You will be required to analyse credit investments, prepare investment papers and present to the relevant forums and committees;
- You will be required to review and monitor existing investments;
- You will be required to assist with managing the credit opportunity funds, including administrative tasks (including portfolio administration and liaising with fund accounting), client reporting and maintaining and updated financial models;
- Risk & compliance:
- You will be responsible for adhering to the code of ethics and related policies, including:
- Personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.;
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected;
- You will be responsible for reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues;
- You will be responsible for reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent analytical and quantitative skills;
- You have the ability to build complex financial models;
- You have a strong understanding of leveraged finance, corporate strategy and general fundamental business analysis;
- You have the ability to synthesise large and complex data sets in succinct and easy to understand presentations;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to present succinctly to internal and external groups;
- You have good accounting knowledge;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are a self-starter and a proactive “can do” attitude and an ownership mentality;
- You have an intellectual curiosity and evidence of investment mind set / acumen;
- You are a strong, independent and objective thinker;
- You are able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- You have a willingness to travel.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You are a CFA – this is desirable;
- You have strong undergraduate academic results;
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant post-university full time work experience in banking, asset management or private equity;
- You have a demonstrated track record of excellence in professional and academic achievement;
- You have a strong personal drive and ability to lead positive change;
- You have good networks and a deep familiarity with the local market;
- You have strong PC literacy on MSOffice knowledge;
- You have excellent Excel skills.
This is a super sharp, globally astute team. Rare opportunity and Covid resistant role. Great rewards which include global exposure; superb rewards on performance and the ability to say you are working with one of the best teams in the world.