R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- TOP PACKAGE TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE
Our client is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer and wellness & rewards programme. The company operates in 14 countries, 12 in the African continent, United Kingdom and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
The group’s purpose is to improve the lifetime financial wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. This client’s promise to their clients is to be their financial wellness partner over this life-long journey, using their expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals.
They now seek a global fund specialist to join their team. You will report to the head of the collective investments business.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to support the head of the Collective Investments business with the distribution of their Global investment funds as well as with the implementation of their strategy and daily operations;
- You will be required to drive the implementation of the Collective Investments strategy to deliver and promote the Global Investments Management global funds and solutions, in line with business objectives;
- You will be required to support the head of MCI implement tactical plans to execute the MCI strategy to drive global sales targets;
- You will be required to bolster support with DFM’s and platforms;
- You will be required to collaborate with relevant stakeholders to enable sales channels with the required knowledge and skills to position the global capability;
- You will be required to utilise traditional and disruptive processes to build the brand’s Collective Investments and Global Investment profiles in the market;
- You will be required to implement the distribution strategy to increase net flows into the Global Investment funds and models through channels such as tied channels IFA”s Broker funds; DFM’s etc. ·
- You will be required to identify new and innovative techniques and solutions in CI and GIM to solve for business gaps and drive efficiencies;
- You will be required to drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that clients receive appropriate advice and after sales service;
- You will be required to continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in area of specialisation;
- You will be required to contribute to the development of business cases for proposal to decision-making bodies;
- You will be required to participate in the GIM asset allocation and portfolio construction meetings to ensure a first-hand knowledge of the investment philosophy, portfolio holdings and portfolio decisions, as well as a good understanding of the global markets context.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a proven dealmaker;
- You have honed business acumen;
- You are driven and motivated;
- You have a strong impact and marked influencing skills;
- You have process analysis and redesign skills;
- You have strong reporting and interpretation skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CFA (with any levels or all 3) and or B.Com/B.Bus Sc/CFP++
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ current, relevant experience in collective investments environment at a SENIOR business development level with technical and strategic input;
- You have current, relevant experience in unit trust specialisation;
- You have exceptional engagement and negotiation skills;
- You have current, relevant global markets experience.
This is a big meaty specialist role. You are technically astute; instantly credible and keen to share your knowledge of the global markets with your target market and increase share of wallet for this discerning client.