R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an advice-led investment business for the discerning investor. They offer one point of contact for all your advice and investment needs. They are not simply one formidable business. They are the consolidation of several established businesses into a powerhouse of expertise, resources and world-class research.
They now seek a senior actuarial supervisor to join their ream. The linked funds team is responsible for the design, development and ongoing maintenance of the company’s range of retail market linked investment funds. This includes the range of collective investment scheme portfolios and market linked retail life portfolios. The linked funds team is also responsible for managing the range of internal and external funds available on company platforms. They work closely with the fund selection committee, retirement funds investment sub-committees and various company operational areas to contribute to the smooth functioning of the company’s investment platform and systems.
We are seeking a suitably qualified, experienced individual to join this team of high calibre professionals. In this exciting and important role it will be possible to make a big contribution to the business strategy and performance, to investment propositions and to work in a fast-paced, innovative and challenging environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Management of the company’s platform fund range, including:
- You will be responsible for managing the activities of the fund selection committee relating to changes to our platform fund ranges and reporting of business flows;
- You will be responsible for working closely with the relevant operational areas, including proposition management, servicing, fund administration, IT, finance and external data providers, to contribute to the smooth functioning of the company’s investment platform and systems;
- You will be responsible for representing the fund team in the company’s IT and operations projects;
- You will be responsible for ensuring funds in the platform fund range are positioned appropriately in the company’s advice processes;
- The technical product design and management of the company’s retail linked investment fund range, including:
- You will be responsible for researching, specifying, developing and profit testing new funds;
- You will be responsible for setting fund and client level investment management fees;
- You will be responsible for providing the technical context of investment mandates and investment fee annexures;
- You will be responsible for supporting the management company finance team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a passion for investments and product development;
- You have strong business acumen and negotiation skills;
- You have the ability to work independently, with initiative and in a fluid environment;
- You have the ability to successfully juggle several projects and priorities at once;
- You have a strong sense of ownership;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You are strategic;
- You are innovative;
- You are able to lead with influence;
- You have strong collaboration skills;
- You are able to put the customer first;
- You have excellent execution skills;
- You have honed personal mastery skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a newly qualified actuary; or part qualified;
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant actuarial experience; and in FS.
- You have current, relevant experience leading a small focussed team.
Top investment team who are looking to leverage off your skills while allowing you the freedom to run a team and come up with solutions and recommendations which will be heeded. Friendly, professional, smart, capable business unit!