R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, they deliver above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek a Junior Securities Trader / Trading Assistant to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be part of a high-performance team managing diverse assets in excess of R55bln across a range of life insurance and investment products. In addition, it presents the opportunity to be actively involved in trading strategies and product development across multiple asset classes. Incorporated within the team’s expertise is a yield enhancing money market and treasury function as well as market leading securities lending capabilities;
- You will be required to be focussed on securities lending and this includes trade support across various fixed income asset classes allowing for additional career development.
- You will be required to gain market exposure to a variety of finance disciplines and is ideal for someone looking to grow their career in a world class trading and treasury environment;
- You will be responsible for securities lending trading including the following but not restricted to: assisting with deal execution, the booking of loans and returns on the securities lending administration system (SLAMS), and assisting with related administration;
- You will be responsible for the management of outstanding scrip positions available for lending;
- You will be responsible for trade support across fixed income securities including interest rate swaps, bonds, repurchase agreements and money market instruments;
- You will be responsible for assisting the treasury and trading team with trading and administrative functions.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent planning & organisational skills;
- You are able to work under pressure;
- You have excellent communication (written & oral) skills in English;
- You have high stress tolerance;
- You have client and counterparty service orientation;
- You have a keen eye for detail.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com, B Bus Sci qualification;
- You have minimum 2 – 4 years current, relevant trade support or related experience;
- You have current, relevant securities lending experience would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant working knowledge of financial markets;
- You have excel skills (advanced).
This is a great opportunity to set your career up with an outstanding outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded handsomely for your effort!