12 MONTH CONTRACT! This contract will change the face of your CV and is in no way a stop gap. You will have superb exposure – make global relevant contacts and enjoy rubbing shoulders with the best!
Our client started in South Africa, in 1991. Back then, change was coming. The company’s journey through that time taught them to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught them to be bold. Resilient. Agile. To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, the company manages R2.3 trillion* for their clients globally.
They offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All the employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. They also have their founding leadership in place. The distinctive owner culture allows them to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with their clients’ long-term investment objectives.
They now seek a designer to join their global marketing team. You will report to the deputy head, creative marketing with dotted line to marketing manager in London.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work as a designer within a busy team producing marketing collateral and regulatory documents to support our global marketing efforts;
- You will be required to be as comfortable working through detailed instructions when updating forms, or creating web assets, as when bringing flair and creativity to the branding of global events. Team members must show great flexibility to manage continually changing priorities and high volumes;
- You will be required to be a confident self-starter, someone with the ability to manage their own workload and build relationships quickly. You will be required manage a design queue and ensure stakeholder delivery expectations are accurately managed – this would be a necessity;
- You will be required to work with channel managers, create and update promotional material, for print, web and social media, ensuring quality control, accuracy and timeliness;
- You will be required to challenge existing design approaches and put forward fresh creative thinking as appropriate, contributing to briefing discussions with content owners;
- You will be required to understand content and data in order to lay it out in an attractive, clear and user-friendly way;
- You will be required to champion the brand, through consistent and innovative application;
- You will be required to safeguard and maintain brand assets, including guidelines, paragraph styles, templates, colour palettes, image libraries;
- You will be required to work collaboratively with other designers in team and from agencies, in UK and SA;
- You will be required to ensure strict version control is in place;
- You will be required to careful checking of all work to minimise rework;
- You will be required to develop a good knowledge of products and services;
- You will be required to work in Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop, using pre-existing templates plus developing new templates for a wide range of outputs, e.g. charts, sales aids, event branding, infographics;
- You will be responsible for clear and supportive documented and verbal handovers will be essential;
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong ability to work in and leverage the team’s capabilities;
- You have confidence to build relationships with openness to surface concerns;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are self-motivated and ability to adapt to changing requests;
- You have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop);
- You have current, relevant experience in external or in-house agency;
- You have current, relevant on- and offline design experience;
- You have current, relevant experience in financial services- this is essential; within asset management in particular would be a distinct advantage;
- You have an excellent understanding of the importance of brand;
- You have strong knowledge of excel and good grasp of data;
- You have current, relevant experience of job sharing or working closely with other designers on shared jobs desirable;
- You have strong system skills: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
You are a friendly, hard working, skilled professional. You will thrive in an environment in which this is mirrored at every turn!