R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners
in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek a business development manager – group channels to join their team. You are spunky, can do, energetic, well presented, technically astute and credible.
Preference to suitable candidates who are also employment equity candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for marketing and business development of company retail investment products to group channels in the Western Cape region;
- You will be responsible for the formulation, execution and monitoring of respective company retail channel strategies in the region;
- You will be responsible and accountable for achievement of company retail regional sales targets across various channels and products;
- You will be responsible for building relationships and gathering assets into company retail products;
- You will be required to have a good understanding of the unit trust business and industry;
- You will be required to explore opportunities with prospective planners not clients;
- You will be required to engage and build relationships with financial advisors across all group company retail investment distribution channels;
- You will be required to stay abreast of industry matters – fund performance, legislation etc.;
- You will be required to have a good understanding of the competitors – monitor / analyse etc.;
- You will be responsible for providing regular reviews to clients – industry news, investment performance updates etc.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong understanding / knowledge of the various distribution channels, financial advisors across these channels as well as investment markets;
- You are sales driven;
- You are highly organised, methodical and structured in work;
- You are a good listener;
- You have excellent people skills;
- You have strong presentation skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com (investment management) and a CFP;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience in a similar role;
- You have knowledge of the intermediary environment;
- You have in-depth knowledge of the asset management industry and retail investments/collective investments in particular.
You enjoy your work; can be relied upon to be consistently good at your job and are motivated by a good distribution business that requires an except like yourself to assist the planners in spotting the gaps and advising their clients with smart, relevant information.