R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients and has grown to become one of Africa’s largest investment management companies. This company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients. The company’s primary goal is to achieve long term wealth creation for its clients.
They now seek a senior internal auditor to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for assisting the internal audit manager in planning, managing and executing internal audit (IA) activities within an institutional and retail investment management arena;
- You will be responsible for process, risk and control assessment reviews;
- You will be responsible for process and control enhancement design;
- You will be responsible for report writing and communicating audit results;
- You will be required to develop business acumen and operational knowledge;
- You will be responsible for supervising and coaching junior auditors;
- You will be responsible for full involvement in the audit lifecycle. This includes scoping and planning separate audit engagements, to carrying out detailed reviews and testing;
- You will be responsible for reporting, sharing findings with senior management and chasing management responses / tracking points through to closure;
- You will be responsible for documenting and reviewing investment management business processes; identifying risks and areas for improvement;
- You will be responsible for developing pragmatic solutions and identifying best practice controls;
- You will be responsible for documenting detailed audit working papers and valid supported findings;
- You will be responsible for assisting in promoting risk awareness throughout the group.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent people skills and emotional intelligence;
- You have the ability to communicate and interact effectively with staff at all organisational levels;
- You have the ability to persuade or inspire others to gain acceptance of good ideas;
- You have outstanding report writing skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have a hunger for learning;
- You are not afraid of steep learning curves;
- You are passionate and driven;
- You are proactive;
- You are resilient;
- You are organised and deadline driven;
- You have strong analytical, investigative and probing skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a CIA, CISA;
- You have minimum of 5 years current, relevant audit financial services experience – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong business process exposure, ideally through performing detailed audit / assurance engagements;
- You have minimum 3 – 4 years current, relevant post qualification experience at a senior auditor / team leader level;
- You have current, relevant investment management or life products administration experience would be a distinct advantage;
- You have extensive experience performing internal audit reviews including process analysis and risk-control assessments with minimal or no supervision (non-negotiable).
Superb company – great team – wonderful opportunity and work environment. You will love going to work!