R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is committed to quality investments that are sophisticated but simply structured and competitively priced.
They now seek a manager research analyst to join their team. You will report to the head of manager research.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide key manager research analysis which will be used in business decision making;
- You will be required to have mastery of and deliver relevant, timely and accurate assessments of manager strategies in your designated sectors; motivate manager strategies for inclusion on investment-team buy-list; engage with & inspire confidence in investment due diligence process through credible engagement with relevant stakeholders including investment team, asset managers, internal distribution and consulting clients; opportunity for growth as part of a dynamic investment team;
- You will be responsible for proactive maintenance of relevant long-only ASISA categories with explicit and relevant engagement with key stakeholders including quants analyst and senior portfolio managers;
- You will be responsible for detailed understanding of asset manager strategies locally and globally;
- You will be responsible for regular short-note assessments on potential long-only manager strategies post biannual screening meetings and on an ad hoc basis;
- You will be responsible for thorough deep-dive due diligences on relevant long-only manager strategies with explicit involvement of head of research;
- You will be required to build strong relationships with your underlying asset managers and insightful and regular assessments of your existing buy-list managers;
- You will be required to produce ad hoc research reports relevant to needs of consulting clients that will require innovative thinking and may straddle non-traditional asset classes;
- You will be required to inspire confidence in manager research process by insightful presentation to clients as and when required.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-starter & have the ability to hit the ground running;
- You have the ability to focus on what is relevant & material and have a keen eye for detail;
- You have an openness to challenging and being challenged by members of investment team;
- You have a questioning and enquiring mind that takes pleasure in figuring things out;
- You have excellent communication and strong presentation (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have confidence in articulating and defending a position.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com (hnrs) / Business Science (finance, economics, financial analysis or portfolio management);
- You are a CAIA, CFA or related studies – this would be beneficial;
- You have a minimum of 4 years current, relevant manager research experience within the multi-manager, fund of funds or asset consulting environment;
- You have current, relevant experience in non-traditional asset classes – this would be an added benefit;
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential, FactSet, INET and Morningstar – this is preferred;
- You have current, relevant experience, you are articulate, numerate, career focused and fit with team.
Great team – huge scope – friendly smart business. Great rewards on performance!