R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading investment firm, actively transforming the financial services landscape and best positioned for the changes reshaping the global economy.
They now seek an operations manager to join their team in the platform space – reporting to the new MD – who is progressive, pro active, hardworking and excited about the business.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the running and general oversight of all operational areas of the platform business;
- You will be responsible for oversight of administration of 4- 6 team members;
- You will be responsible for process review, process updates and ensuring teams are adhering to processes;
- You will be responsible for team training on products and services;
- You will be responsible for weekly team meetings;
- You will be responsible for team KPI implementation;
- You will be required to facilitate on-boarding of new clients;
- You will be required to facilitate and implement due diligence process;
- You will be required to liaise with outsourced administrator;
- You will be required to monitor outsourced administrator performance / deliverables;
- You will be responsible for supporting the CEO or executive team’s vision and process ideals;
- You will be responsible for ensuring staff working on processes are happy and operating efficiently;
- You will be responsible for supporting all functions of the business including risk and compliance;
- You will be required to ensure queries are attend to and attend to escalations;
- You will be required to document and filing management of folders;
- You will be required to assist in drafting portfolio management agreements, policy documents, ASISA mandates etc.;
- You will be required to assist in meeting statutory deadlines and submissions;
- You will be required to assist finance operations team (3 team members);
- You will be required to assist in management reports and board reporting;
- You will be required to update and maintain product documentation (welcome letters, forms, policy documents).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are dynamic, passionate and results driven;
- You are confident and willing to get involved in every aspect of the business where required;
- You ·have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong telephonic skills;
- You have the ability to manage lead/grow a team;
- You are an analytical thinker with ability to problem solve;
- You are well organised and results driven;
- You have strong project management skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Bus Sc;
- You have current, relevant experience working for linked-life company and CIS / Manco and can hit the ground running as the MD needs this from day one;
- You have knowledge of
- Insurance Act 18 of 2017;
- Prudential Standard GOI4;
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002 (“FAIS”);
- Financial Intelligence Centre Amendment Act 1 of 2017 (“FICAA”);
- Collective Investment Schemes Control Act 45 of 2002 (“CISCA”);
- Solvency Assessment and Management (“SAM”).
- You have managed small high performance teams;
- You are able to interact with stakeholders in the business and external vendors with ease;
- You have subject matter expertise and are instantly credible;
- You enjoy your work and are self-motivated.
- Brand new role with great prospects!