Our client is a leading South African and Pan Africa firm – actively transforming the financial services landscape and best positioned for the changes reshaping the global economy. They are a multi-manager and have a PE focus too.
They now seek a risk and compliance consultant to join their team. You will report directly to the head of risk and compliance. This is a new and important role.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for day to day management of operational compliance and administrative items;
- You will be responsible for support oversight, implementation and maintenance of effective and well monitored compliance and risk management frameworks for the group;
- You will be responsible for effective implementation of compliance plans and monitoring programmes;
- You will be required to assist in establishing and maintaining a compliance culture within the group;
- You will be required to support reporting to regulatory agencies, as required;
- You will be required to engage with portfolio managers and business on compliance matters relating to all business units, where instructed;
- You will be required to assist in communication of risk policies and processes throughout the group;
- You will be responsible for report operational risk issues identified through review processes and ensure that the management interventions agreed to are tracked and reported on, on a regular basis;
- You will be responsible for management of new regulatory requirements by evaluating regulations identified relevant to the group;
- You will be required to conduct research on regulatory developments when required;
- You will be required to assist with Board and Committee requirements and reporting;
- You will be responsible for contract drafting and review when required;
- You will be responsible for general administration and query resolution.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You ·have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to prioritise and deliver on deadlines;
- You are self-disciplined and capable of work without supervision.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a risk management, compliance and/or legal qualification – or more than one of these;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ current, relevant experience in risk and compliance roles within the insurance and investment sector;
- You are a FSCA compliance officer for Cat I, Cat II and ideally Cat III –
- You have completed RE exams – this would be a distinct advantage.
- You have knowledge and understanding of:
- Operational and organisational risk management;
- Insurance Act 18 of 2017;
- Prudential Standards (GOI and GOG);
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002 (“FAIS”);
- Financial Intelligence Centre Amendment Act 1 of 2017 (“FICAA”);
- Collective Investment Schemes Control Act 45 of 2002 (“CISCA”) and subordinate notices;
- Companies Act 71 of 2008.
- Very important role for the business. Friendly, open culture -successful business that is keen to utilise your expert skills and knowledge. You will be well rewarded for same.