R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client follows a disciplined investment approach to protect and grow the wealth of their clients through services such as portfolio management, investment advisory service, stockbroking, derivatives, tax & fiduciary and offshore investments. Their products and services cater for the bespoke needs of High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals, and legal entities now and for generations to come. They have 20 odd offices in the UK, Australia, Switzerland, the Cayman Islands and Mauritius. They are committed to excellence and as a result, place strong emphasis on client experience, investment performance and most importantly on developing their people creating both an inspirational and aspirational client centred work environment for their people.
They now seek a distribution support specialist to join their team. This is a role for a technically astute and business development oriented individually who is also an employment equity candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to assist the head of product strategy with the implementation and execution of a co-ordinated sales strategy across the country via the regional branches;
- You will be required to work closely with the various company branches, client facing portfolio managers, the investment team and marketing team in delivering a best in class intermediary value proposition;
- You will be required to work closely with the other group businesses to understand the overall distribution footprint of the group and how to optimise the positioning of the company’s value proposition in the various distribution channels and platforms;
- You will be required to manage and execute the delivery of the intermediary strategy throughout the business;
- You will be required to manage and improve the tracking of new business;
- You will be required to conceptualize, develop and present new business opportunities across various group distribution channels including different product categories.
- You will be required to keep abreast of industry trends, intermediary practice management best practice and high level financial market trends;
- You will be required to manage linking roles between various key stakeholders to formulate and ensure delivery of the overall intermediary strategy;
- Reporting and administration:
- You will be required to review and improve periodic reports to various stakeholders in the group;
- You will be required to liaise the business intelligence unit to develop and improve internal management reports to assess the performance of the strategy;
- You will be required to assist with the quarterly feedback pack to intermediaries on the various company investment portfolios.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong relationship building skills with a keen knowledge of the investment markets and financial services industry;
- You have an in-depth understanding of how a financial product and service provider fits into the value proposition of an intermediary; ( IFA)
- You are a self-starter who can operate at a high professional level aimed at high net worth clients;
- You have strong relationship skills to establish and build relationships across internal and external stakeholders;
- You have honed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You have the ability to drive strategic initiatives and deliver on targets;
- You have the ability to research, analyse, synthesise and present information in a meaningful manner;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You have strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- You have a good understanding of investment markets and the economy and investment products, including the advantages and disadvantages of different products;
- You have strong networking ability and an affinity for building relationships;
- You have sound business acumen;
- You are a networking and relationship builder;
- You have structured and good planning abilities;
- You have the ability to motivate and build a team;
- You have strong project management and operational skills and knowledge;
- You are socially confident and skilled to communicate well with staff and clients alike;
- You have the ability to solve problems and work with complexity.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Com/B.Bus Sc /CFP or CFA;
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ current, relevant work experience (minimum of 3 years in a business development role or similar);
- You have a strong working knowledge of investment products in the intermediary space;
- You have a strong track record of performance and delivery;
- You have a track record of working with senior managers across various business units;
- You have strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBI;
- You have current, relevant experience in business development in the retail investment space, preferably some private client experience.
Great team – open structure – good value proposition and superb rewards on performance!