R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa and internationally.
They now seek a junior client associate to join their institutional business team. You will report to the manager.
The role provides an opportunity to gain experience within the institutional business team and a detailed understanding of the relevant processes and responsibilities of the institutional business support function. It provides an opportunity for someone with limited experience in the asset management industry to be trained up to pursue a career within the company’s global institutional business if you have good academic results and an interest in asset management and a superb work ethic.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be part of the institutional business team, a high-performance team that is the client face (both on a client acquisition, client service and retention basis) for institutional clients of the company in both the South Africa and international markets. You will play a significant support role within this team, which includes ensuring that the company provides an unparalleled service to their institutional clients across their product range;
- You will be required to take full responsibility for the tasks listed on the universe of tasks including but not limited to:
- Preparation of strategy fact sheets;
- Database updates and reviews;
- Investor reporting;
- Internal reporting requirements;
- The company’s website updates;
- You will be required to take ownership of the input and maintenance of external client-related databases, both local and international. These databases are the most critical interface the company has to clients / consultants globally (of equal importance to performance) and hence need to be accurate and updated regularly;
- You will be required to ensure that the SharePoint DDQ database of answers to questions from client surveys, due diligence questionnaires, tenders are updated and maintained in a polished form at all times;
- You will be required to execute ad hoc tasks relating to the support function with accuracy and professionalism as allocated by the manager of institutional support or from any other company staff member designated for this purpose;
- You will be required to ensure the CRM system (Salesforce) is up to date and accurate and assist with data updates, meeting minutes, reports etc.;
- You will be required to assist with the completion of client surveys, due diligence questionnaires, tenders. This will involve assisting with, and in some instances being responsible for, the initial completion of these documents, to be reviewed by investment team and the senior client managers. The process includes sourcing information from various areas of the business, dealing with senior managers for input and ensuring all reviews are completed timeously;
- You will be required to take responsibility for ad-hoc projects as assigned with the required diligence;
- You will be required to act with integrity and professionalism at all times and uphold the company culture and values.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong client-centric ethos;
- You have an ownership mentality and a willingness to take responsibility for tasks through to completion;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are goal orientated and have a willingness to learn and be hands on;
- You have a team based mentality;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are highly organized, good at multi-tasking and able to communicate well with people at all levels.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a commerce or related qualification – B Com, B Bus Sci, CA(SA) (numerical subjects);
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant working experience in finance / asset management;
- You have strong database management and advanced Excel skills;
- You have current, relevant analytical / quantitative experience;
- You have strong systems knowledge: MSOffice – Advanced Excel and Word;
- You have current, relevant database and PowerPoint experience – this would be a distinct advantage.
This is a window to the fund management business from the institutional client side – so the area that pitch for new busines; retail business; interact with investment consultants and pension fund trustees.