This is not a junior role!
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients and has grown to become one of Africa’s largest investment management companies. This company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients. The company’s primary goal is to achieve long term wealth creation for its clients.
They now seek a business development manager – IFA distribution to join their team. You will report to the regional manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for maintaining, and growing a panel of independent financial advisers (IFAs) in Pretoria and Mpumalanga (outlying areas) and must be prepared to travel there, too
- You will be required, as a result of the marketing, service delivery and product knowledge, to achieve certain production targets as determined by the regional manager and the BDM competency model;
- Marketing and relationship building:
- You will be required to manage and develop relationships with IFA’s and their support staff;
- You will be required to maintain and grow business flows from your designated IFA panels;
- You will be required to deliver against determined production targets;
- You will be required to ensure an understanding by your IFA’s of the philosophy and long term goals of the company;
- You will be required to promote the company and the products and services to your IFA panel;
- You will be required to ensure that the IFA and support staff are aware of and well versed in, all the company’s systems and processes and to provide ongoing training to the IFA and support staff;
- You will be required to do presentations to IFA’s and their clients when required to do so, and to take responsibility for the efficient co-ordination of the events;
- You will be required to identify trends in the industry and to gather competitor intelligence and to take steps to ensure threats are countered, and opportunities are exploited;
- You will be required to ensure the highest standard of service excellence for all the company’s financial advisers and clients;
- Operations and administration:
- You will be required to develop and maintain a strategic business plan, and to execute against that plan;
- You will be required to solve and manage queries on an on-going basis;
- You will be required to respond to and resolve all the IFA and support staff ad hoc requests;
- You will be required to meet with and report progress against targets to the regional manager on a monthly basis;
- You will be required to ensure the cost-effective running of their panel of IFA’s;
- You will be required to liaise with relevant persons and divisions at the company’s head office, to ensure delivery of their responsibilities;
- You will be required to keep and maintain a portfolio of evidence of all daily activities for presentation purposes to a panel of assessors (regional managers) once a year as required by the BDM competency model.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are self-motivated and action oriented;
- You have a friendly and diplomatic nature, possessing sufficient maturity to speak confidently and with empathy to intermediaries and clients, many of whom may be senior executives.
- You have the highest standards of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality – this is essential;
- You are able, whilst needing to be able to cope with shifting priorities, to ensure conformity with processes and rules;
- You are energetic, flexible, organised and self-disciplined and enjoy working in a team environment;
- You have a passion for people, able to use their initiative and be willing to go the extra mile;
- You are able to work under stress, while retaining composure and focus;
- You will be required to travel regularly to outlying areas;
- You have excellent communication (verbal, reading and written) skills in English; (Afrikaans would be an advantage but not essential).
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Com degree and a CFP;
- You have current, relevant job related experience – of not less than 3 years as a BDM servicing IFA’s with retail investment products in a highly professional fashion.
This is a rare opportunity – this product even in these times ‘sells off the shelf’ as a result of its track record and superior service to its clients. Work with a smart, skilled highly respected team.