R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients and has grown to become one of Africa’s largest investment management companies. This company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients. The company’s primary goal is to achieve long term wealth creation for its clients.
They now seek an investment accounting specialist to join their institutional operations team. You will work for a very smart manager who is also hands off – she believes if you are good at what you do you need the space to do your job.
Asset valuation experience is a non-negotiable for the role in Investment Accounting.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for performing the day-to-day operational processes for various investment accounting, manager systems and related activities;
- You will be required to work closely with the other operational departments (pricing, performance, portfolio administration) as well as tax, institutional client services, legal & compliance, IT, trading and the investment team;
- You will be responsible for security static and market data management;
- You will be responsible for security valuations and methodologies;
- You will be responsible for portfolio accounting and classifications;
- You will be responsible for managing systems reconciliations and adjustments;
- You will be responsible for managing performance calculations;
- You will be responsible for assisting with corporate action matters.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have an operational mindset;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are systematic and organised;
- You have problem solving skills;
- You have strong analytical, investigative and probing skills;
- You are proactive and have a “can-do” and engaged attitude that ensures that work tasks get done timeously and accurately and inspires team members to do great work;
- You are self-motivated, determined and persistent;
- You are able to work flexible hours if required to do so.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Com/B.Bus Sc/CFA part
- You have current, relevant financial services, in particular asset management experience – you will be able to hit the ground running. This is not a back office role this is a middle office role with huge scope for growth.