R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients and has grown to become one of Africa’s largest investment management companies. This company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients. The company’s primary goal is to achieve long term wealth creation for its clients.
They now seek a BEE scorecard analyst to join their team. Please note from the client: ‘We are looking for a CA(SA) who is a Business Analyst who can hold their own working across the business on BBBEE and also be a link to the business when it comes to MIS. The role reports to the CFO and works closely with head of operations” and “someone who is smart (academics must be good), good with numbers and excellent at Excel and systems and with people. No experience is needed with BBBEE scorecard work but helpful if the person has this experience . Procurement is an important part of BBBEE so that experience helps if no actual BBBEE.”
This role is for a CA(SA) who has the above and is also an employment equity candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to determine and implement key processes in support of scorecard improvements and over time you will be required to assume full responsibility for the audit, verification and production of the scorecard and any improvement practices required across relevant business units. This will be managed in conjunction with finance as well as the ICS team who are currently responsible for producing the BEE scorecard;
- You will be required to analyse, identify and prioritise ways to improve the various scorecard elements;
- You will be required to identify key scorecard elements that require data, process or direction improvements and work with business to implement the changes necessary to achieve these improvements. Specifically these may include: The appropriate tracking of training data and skills development spend, including by employee; developing a procurement strategy that considers the BEE scorecard and a practical implementation plan; develop and enhance consumer education initiatives;
- You will be required to proactively engage with business to ensure that their ownership element is on track;
- You will be required to assist ICS in their process to produce a scorecard including the ‘mock’ scorecards to be available at various points in the year;
- You will be responsible for the BEE audit and verification processes and producing the BEE scorecard on an annual basis;
- You will be required to continually identify ways to improve the scorecard either through better practices or better collection and collation of current data;
- You will be required to continually implement or help implement changes to improve scorecard practices;
- You will be required to monitor transformation and BBBEE legislative changes and updates;
- You will be required to participate in industry and regulatory committees;
- You will be required to develop internal and external communication material (including an annual report);
- You will be required to ensure appropriate integration with EE plan and reporting by people operations;
- You will be required to participate and drive business information sessions to highlight major changes, challenges, strategies and action plans;
- You will be required to identify and report on transformation risks and develop a risk mitigation plan for consideration by board and SEC.
CA(SA) with strong academic results and 2-3 years relevant BA experience if any is in BEE/procurement in the services and or financial services industry – this would be a great advantage. This is a top company to work for – jobs are not at risk here based on forward thinking; good due diligence and planning – but also a hugely loyal client base, nationally and globally.