R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is one of the first and largest global providers of outsourced investment management (manager of manager) services. The parent company delivers integrated retirement, healthcare and nonprofit solutions to more than 470 clients globally.
Their solutions are designed to help clients meet financial objectives, reduce business risk and fulfil their due diligence requirements through implemented strategies for the management of defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations and board-designated funds. The company is responsible for delivering certain client service and marketing activities within South Africa on behalf of the company. The company’s South African business has an established office in, Johannesburg, offering a fully-staffed team with wide-ranging expertise. Since its first mandate the company has met the needs of South African offshore investors who are looking for a world-class partner, with the resources and experience to add value to their global investment strategies through a manager-of-managers program. The company’s goal is to build solutions that are structurally appropriate for South African retirement/pension funds and to provide clients with the highest level of service and information to effectively run their retirement fund investments.
They now seek an institutional sales director / senior business development manager – South Africa to join their team. STRONG preference to suitably qualified Affirmative Action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to increase assets under management by building and establishing new opportunities within the SA market for institutional investors; so you enjoy business development; securing a pipeline of business and setting sales targets for yourself in conjunction with your London manager;
- You will be responsible for ownership to achieve and deliver on sales targets and objectives;
- You will be required to engage target prospective clients and pursue new business development opportunities; inter alia trustees of pension funds and asset consultants;
- You will be required to build relationships and lead prospective client trustees and executives through a structured sales process;
- You will be required to keep abreast of and conduct market analysis to ensure the company’s South Africa institutional strategy is positioned accordingly;
- You will be required to continuously define, assess and refine the sales process with prospects;
- You will be required to identifying the most appropriate company solution to meet each client’s objectives, as well profiling the suspect and prospect universe to focus on the highest probability buyers;
- You will be required to raise the company’s profile with relevant investment consultants and other key influencers in the institutional marketplace;
- You will be required to work with other teams to develop and enhance materials for use in the sales process;
- You will be required to attend networking and industry events in the pursuit of new business development opportunities;
- You will be required to provide timely and up to date prospecting information such as bi-weekly status reports, presentations and business proposals;
- You will be required to have current, relevant experience in working with union clients as well as non-union clients;
- You will be required to evaluate and recommend strategy for growing the company’s presence within the retail market through potential relationships with local distributors;
- You will be required to liaise with other business units internally to ensure client needs are met and to contribute to developing solutions and products that will ensure the company remain leading edge;
- You will be required to proactively maintain / develop good knowledge of industry trends, market forces, regulatory changes and macro-economic forces impacting the company’s target market in SA;
- You have the ability to conduct client report-back meetings when required.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have proven ability and track record in maintaining a high level of activity to meet sales targets;
- You have proven success in managing and closing high value mandates;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills;
- You have a strong work ethic and committed to success;
- You are self-driven, assertive and a goal orientated person.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Bus Sc/CFA/CFP;
- You have a minimum of 10 years current, relevant industry related experience in a sales related role with institutional clients;
- You have an existing relationships with SA institutional investors;
- You are able to demonstrate experience of influencing senior executives and trustees within prospect organisations;
- You have a strong technical understanding of investment markets and investment products would be a positive;
- You have demonstrated success developing and managing relationships with pension fund trustees and company executives;
- You have strong technical knowledge of the local pension fund industry;
- You have demonstrated success networking and developing new relationships and various other prospecting techniques;
- You have the ability to pick up in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and services / technical financial information and effectively communicate that to relevant clients / audiences;
- You have proficient IT skills – all Microsoft office products.
You are a smart, astute; business minded investment sales person. You are able to sell and strategize the sales process in order to augment this international client’s share of wallet. You will be rewarded handsomely for same!