R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was founded approximately 20 years ago with offices, nationally. They are an Africa-focused fund manager. Since 2006, its Mezzanine division has made thirty investments across three successive funds into ten African countries, making it the largest mezzanine funder on the continent. In addition, its energy division has made numerous senior debt investments into South African solar and wind energy projects across two successive funds. This is a highly successful business.
They now seek an associate to join their mezzanine investment team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates. The team would like to celebrate diversity and given it is a largely male client base – a woman would add value and strength.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide support on the execution of new transactions as well as the monitoring of the existing portfolio.
- You will be responsible for research & analysis of the market and investment opportunity;
- You will be responsible for financial modelling;
- You will be responsible for due diligence investigation and review;
- You will be responsible for drafting of term sheets and investment committee papers;
- You will be required to support in the negotiation of deal terms with management;
- You will be required to support in the structuring of investments;
- You will be required to review legal agreements;
- You will be responsible for management & ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies;
- You will be required to assist with reports to stakeholders on portfolio company performance;
- You will be responsible for valuations of portfolio companies.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Bus Sc/CA(SA) + clients in audit in financial services;
- with strong academics (D’s will not be considered);
- You are a CFA (Level 1 or up)
- You have a minimum of 2years current, relevant experience in corporate finance, investment banking, leveraged finance or private equity.