R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is one of the oldest established property companies in the South African market. Its diverse investments span industrial, retail and commercial properties primarily in the major metropolitan centres of South Africa, with a secondary node in Africa.
They now seek a financial manager to join their team. You will report to the CFO. This is a new role based on the business growth and need for a new business leader. There are 15 staff in the Cape Town office (Finance and Company secretarial) , however a total of 31 at ManCo and approximately 200 in the wholly owned residential subsidiary. They also have a joint venture in Zambia and you would work across these business.
Key areas to ensure you have experience in:
Investor relations and reporting;
The client must have operated in the listed environment and be very familiar with reporting requirements to both the Board of Directors and various stakeholders (lenders, shareholders, analyst etc and regulators).
Part of the responsibility will be IAR, results presentations, Board reports etc. In addition, System and Process re-engineering;
Project management is a key skill requirement;
The ability to enhance processes inclusive of systems, with good examples of same, are critical.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts;
- You will be required to investigate ways to improve profitability and analyse markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions;
- You will be required to advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take;
- You will be required to maintain the financial health of the organisation;
- You will be required to analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans;
- You will be required to develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances;
- You will be required to conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- You will be required to oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met;
- You will be required to project manage the financial calendar and ad hoc requests;
- You will be required to correspond with various departments; discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken;
- You will be required to build efficiency through system and process re-engineering;
- You will be required to provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action;
- You will be responsible for high focus on reports to the board and external stakeholders;
- Project and process management:
- You will be required to focus on project managing finance deliverables, projects and processes;
- You will be required to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives;
- You will be required to analyse every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English (external contacts being suppliers, customers and shareholders / internal contacts being the finance team, CFO, CEO, executives, board and general staff);
- You are analytical;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You have honed financial reporting skills;
- You have sound commercial acumen;
- You have superior project and process management skills;
- You have skilled report writing skills.
- You have an extensive understanding of financial trends and general market patterns;
- You have god presentation skills;
- You have a solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles;
- You have working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations; and the property industry, specifically.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant property related experience; and other experience in FS would be useful – ( exp in manufacturing, retail or parastatals will not be useful in this role);
- You are a proficient user of finance software;
- You are able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used. You are a natural leader.
The client has given the following as tips to add to the above namely, “ Industry Knowledge – definitely knowledge of the property industry in particular the knowledge of the key drivers (metrics) to monitor and report upon;
Type of person – someone that has strong project management skills (scope, time and money and people) and a good command of the English Language i.e. able to write reports at various levels in the organisation. Also the ability to re-engineer and build efficiency to processes.
X factor – highly energised individual with the ability to function independently and in a team. Can successfully co-ordinate delivery from others to produce results.”
Please note this is a good company, which will not close in this time – and this is a mission critical role. You need to be subject matter proficient, technical astute, professional, articulate and a strong manager.