New role – Prior PA moved internally.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a founder-led independent global asset manager that primarily offers a range of high-conviction, active strategies to its sophisticated global client base. The company was established in 1991 and as at 30 September 2019, has £121 billion in assets under management. They believe in a better future. First and foremost, they are working towards a better future for their clients. They have entrusted the company with their investments and the company’s responsibility is to look after their capital. The company’s purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations. Their culture supports innovation. The company values honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Their people are encouraged to challenge the status quo. They are active investors. They focus on where they can make a real difference for their clients – to help them achieve their long-term investment goals.
They now seek an investment team assistant to join their team. You will report to the head of SA Equity team. This is a highly successful and exceptionally busy team. It is the flagship of the company.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be the team assistant primarily to the SA based team and general support for the broader global team when required; ( based in London );
- You will be responsible for providing administrative support for allocated investment teams;
- You will be responsible for proactive thinking to anticipate issues in multi-time zones and complex diary support;
- You will be responsible for intra- and inter- time zone meeting co-ordination for the teams this may include setting up face-to-face meetings, catering arrangements, Skype, Telecon, Telepresence and Videoconferencing);
- You will be responsible for travel coordination – including the booking of flights, accommodation, transfers and submission of applications for visas;
- You will be responsible for monthly management of travel & expenses processes;
- You will be responsible for acting as the first point of contact for general and administrative queries;
- You will be responsible for providing phone coverage for the teams with the ability to handle calls in a professional manner, taking and passing on accurate and detailed phone messages in a timely manner;
- You will be responsible for assisting in maintaining accurate records on the research management system;
- You will be required to have the ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and excel documents for team members as required;
- You will be responsible for general administrative support which includes: printing and binding, producing letters, booking couriers, taxis, rooms, managing stationary, organising team events etc.;
- You will be responsible for workflow management within the team; notifying and reminding the team of deadlines to ensure all are met;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc project work;
- You will be responsible for providing cover for departmental team assistants as and when required;
- Risk & compliance:
- You will be responsible for adhering to the code of ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.;
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected;
- You will be responsible for reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues;
- You will be responsible for reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to be clear and concise when passing on information;
- You have strong organisational skills;
- You have the ability to be proactive and think quickly;
- You have the ability to use own initiative;
- You have strong confidentiality skills and the ability to handle sensitive matters at all times;
- You are composed under pressure;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have the ability to multi task and prioritise often heavy workload;
- You are flexible and have an adaptable attitude.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have current, relevant experience of providing team assistant support to large and busy teams in a financial services environment and global best practice work exposure and standards;
- You have current, relevant experience of working within the financial services sector (specifically asset management) of a similar size – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have extensive Outlook experience;
- You have advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge.
You are articulate; have the ability to multitask and your credibility is built on the work experience you have had at other asset managers/investments banks. You underhand this world and how to function in it. Deadlines are constant and there are many changing priorities. This is a great company – but you will need to be the best team assistant possible to manage this team – they are not difficult as individuals at all and rewards are good but they have an expectation that you would know this market and terminology and have had experience in the type of work.