R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading asset manager ooffering a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for our clients that make a difference in their lives. The company’s mission is to relentlessly pursue investment excellence in order to grow our clients’ wealth over the long term. Their interests are aligned with their clients’ in that they are committed to investing responsibly along them, for a future that matters. To deliver on the vision, they invest in professionals with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and help them unlock their potential in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek a senior investment professional to join their team. This is in a specialist business unit. And is a replacement role borne out of succession planning. Important and vital role even in these trying times.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to assist in the portfolio management processes underlying structured equity and structured products and support to certain hedge funds from an equity derivatives perspective;
- You will be required to interact daily with traders, banks and brokers as part of pricing and executing of derivative trades;
- You will be required to assist in the daily running of, and reconciliations associated with, these portfolios;
- You will be required to help ensure that portfolios are adjusted as appropriate following any cash in / outflows;
- You will be required to identify, quantify, analyse, price and trade various option positions;
- You will be required to perform detailed data analysis and valuation to identify mispriced instruments;
- You will be required to facilitate automation of performance analysis of the various portfolios;
- You will be required to facilitate improved processes and perform ad hoc research / analysis as required;
- You will be required to help compile presentation material / automate the collation of such material and potential be involved in client pitches, presentations and report backs.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have honed decision making skills;
- You are able to gain commitment;
- You are able to initiate action;
- You are able to take ownership;
- You are team orientated;
- You have technical knowledge;
- You have risk analysis skills;
- You have strategic thinking skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have superior presentation skills;
- You are able to build relationships;
- You are a team player;
- You have proven enthusiasm and passion for investments;
- You have good prioritisation and time management skills;
- You have strong problem solving skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B>Bus Sc/CA(SA)/B.Sc /CFA(ideally including 2 years or more studying maths, stats and / or computer science) and current, relevant practical experience;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant financial markets (or investment) experience with preferably some time in a portfolio management role with responsibility for making investment decisions;
- You are FAIS compliant;
- You display a thorough practical knowledge of derivative instruments, pricing, valuation and trading; this is essential.
- You have the ability to conduct derivative based research and translate ideas into potential trades;
- You have current, relevant experience with some of the following programs – Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, INet, Barra;
- You have the capacity to learn quickly and deal with evolving job requirements.
Great manager – exciting division and the CIO is keen to fill this – so an important role. There are no internal candidates and also its approved despite the current market conditions!