R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a South African based financial services group. The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands,.
The group’s purpose is to improve the lifetime financial wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. This client’s promise to their clients is to be their financial wellness partner over this life-long journey, using their expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals.
They now seek an economic analyst join their team. You will report to the head of investment research and asset allocation. You must have SUPERB report writing skill!
Directly from the client – “
- Should already have the relevant economic work experience to fulfil our current economic requirements
- Should thus already be writing reports on all the economics releases we require
- Should thus already be able to do economics presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Should thus already have the ability and be accustomed to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines on written reports and presentation requirements
- A postgraduate degree in Economics/Econometrics would be preferred.”
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for assisting the company’s economist and head of investment research and asset allocation by researching, analyzing, writing and presenting on both international and domestic economic developments inter alia by using econometric techniques and models;
- You will be responsible for the collection and analysis of data;
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of databases;
- You will be responsible for developing and testing econometric models based on key market and economic relationships;
- You will be responsible for writing regular reports on economic data releases including: GDP, CPI, quarterly bulletin releases, rates announcements, fiscal policy and other monthly economic trends releases;
- You will be required to develop a broader understanding of evolving economic trends and their impact on financial markets;
- You will be responsible for staying abreast of the main developments in SA fiscal and monetary policy, as well as academic literature;
- You will be responsible for ad-hoc economic and market research projects as they emerge;
- You will be responsible for doing presentations on economic views to internal and external stakeholders.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have a sound grasp of economic theory and its application;
- You have excellent teamwork, analytical, communication, writing and presentation skills;
- You have a proven understanding of statistical and quantitative methods necessary to conduct empirical research;
- You have a strong interest in financial markets;
- You have analytical and technical skills to develop, test and maintain econometric models;
- You have strong writing and presentation skills and could confidently present on economic indicators etc.
- You have the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines on written reports and presentation requirements;
- You have a keen eye for detail and you are efficient;
- You are able to work in a team;
- You have highly ethical and good work ethic;
- You are accountable for quality and timeliness of work output;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are responsible and committed.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a postgraduate in economics / econometrics;
- You have current, relevant economics work experience within a research or finance-related organization and already be writing economic reports and doing economic presentations; 1- 3 years;
- You are PC literate and have strong Excel skills.
Lovely team; forward thinking culture; friendly colleagues – smart people to work with and learn from!