R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, the company delivers above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek a debt originator to join the debt origination team. You will report to the head of infrastructure finance.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for originating, assessing, processing and monitoring of transactions covering state owned enterprises (“SOEs”) and infrastructure projects in South Africa & Africa.
- You will be responsible for originating and implementing unlisted loan transactions in the SOE and project finance sector;
- You will be responsible for conducting detailed investment analysis on potential investment opportunities;
- You will be responsible for developing funding solutions for a variety of industry sectors, including infrastructure and energy projects;
- You will be responsible for marketing and implementing external and internal client solutions;
- You will be responsible for developing and presenting the documentation related to external and internal client engagements, including credit and investment committees submissions;
- You will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating legal documentation related to approved transactions;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on transactions;
- You will be responsible for providing specialized opinions to external and internal clients;
- You will be responsible for assisting in the primary origination function in other sectors within the debt origination team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a consummate professional;
- You have strong relationship management skills;
- You are a team player;
- You have a high sense of responsibility;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to process large volumes of information;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have strong technical and analytical skills;
- You have advanced MS Excel and financial modelling skills;
- You have strong planning & organizational skills;
- You are resilient and have an entrepreneurial attitude;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com, B Bus Sc, B Eng. or relevant equivalent tertiary qualifications; with good results.
- OR are a CA (SA) with clients at audit in financial services and / or CFA – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 4 years current, relevant SOE lending and / or project finance experience –
- You have an understanding of credit and fixed income markets; this is essential;
- You are articulate and confident with a strong commercial focus;
- You have current, relevant financial modelling (project finance will be beneficial) experience – this is a must.
Great company – smart, people – significant deal flow; competing with any of the best in the country; rewards on performance are significant. Strong and sound leadership.