R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS++++
Our client is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. The company’s international network comprises around 7,500 offices in over 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.
They now seek a business development professional to join their team. This is an originator role – door opening then you form part of a team who close and on board the client.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to help define and evolve the business development strategy of the country and its marketing plan;
- You will be required to originate and execute qualified and sustainable client acquisition strategies to win meaningful business for the private banking segment; this is UHNW clients – not the standard but rather the top 600 families in SA;
- You will be required to deliver excellent client service in order to build and grow relationships with both clients and stakeholders internally and externally;
- You will be required to employ effective reputation and strategic communication management to attract clients;
- You will be required to introduce a new-to-bank network and facilitate introductions to offshore client servicing team;
- You will be required to support with administrative tasks for client on boarding and ad-hoc lifecycle management when required;
- You will be required to be an ambassador for the group be proactively collaborate with local banking colleagues and global offering to maximise cross referral potential;
- You will be required to have the ability to provide effective and impactful presentations and pitches to target audience;
- You will be required to help host, coordinate and lead client and marketing.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a deep understanding of market and financial risk as well as clearly demonstrable adherence to highest level of global AML standards;
- You are client focused with proven track record of working with UHNWIs, entrepreneurs and C-Suite executives.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Com hnrs/B.Bus Sc as a minimum qualification;
- You have a minimum 10 years current, relevant professional experience ideally within target segment and wealth management services; so UHNW clients;
- You have an existing South African network of UHNWIs and intermediaries;
- You have a track record of achieving and exceeding targets and from ‘scratch’ so not just working from someone else’s book or leads;
- You are an experienced business development professional with a financial background to help grow their offshore private banking penetration for South African clients.
This is a rare role – firstly you have the brand to back you; secondly you are able to interact with a true international business and offer your discerning clients what they want – as also you interact daily with an international team and will have the opportunity in time and on performance to travel internationally.