R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms benchmarks and is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies seek a new resource. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a data analyst to join their global institutional business support team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for gathering, analysing and interpreting data from various sources within the company and extracting business insights in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- You will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the team’s data requirements including, but not limited to: AUM and fund flows; Database requirements;DDQ’s and RFP’s / Tenders; Client Surveys; Management and Board level reporting;
- You will be responsible for continual evaluation of data integrity and current processes in data delivery;
- You will be responsible for ad-hoc quantitative / data queries;
- You will be responsible for assisting with data and reporting requirements relating to the CRM database (Salesforce) and with the preparation of client lists for communication purposes;
- You will be required to liaise with staff at various levels of the organization and from other departments to ensure high levels of client service and administration;
- You will be responsible for sourcing information from various areas of the business, dealing with senior managers for input and taking ownership of data accurate delivery, and within stringent time constraints;
- You will be required to deal with all other business and product related queries within the team;
- You will be required to take responsibility for ad-hoc projects as assigned with pride and diligence;
- You will be required to ensure all process documents are compiled and kept up to date, continually enhancing processes and delivery where possible.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a keen eye for detail and accuracy;
- You are mature, responsible and accountable individual;
- You are highly organised and efficient;
- You are able to multitask and prioritise;
- You are diligent and conscientious;
- You are deadline orientated and ability to work in fast paced environment;
- You are proactive and able to use initiative;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are a team player.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a financial mathematics or statistical orientated qualification: BBusSci / BComm or BSc;
- You have a minimum of 4 years current, relevant working experience in the financial services industry;
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ current, relevant experience in an analytical / quantitative role within an investment/ asset management company;
- You have a good understanding of investment strategies, financial instruments and markets;
- You have excellent numeracy skills;
- You have systems knowledge: Excellent Excel knowledge.
- VBA and SQL would be a distinct advantage;
- You have database experience – this would be a distinct advantage (eVestment / Wilshire /GIMD / Cambridge Associates / CAMRADATA).
Great team – new role – loads of room to make this job your own and run way for growth ++