GAUTENG OR CAPE TOWN – WITH NATIONAL TRAVEL
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- and incentives –
Our client who has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company. The company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients.
They now seek a specialist – group savings and investments to join their team. You will report to a senior manager in the group savings and investments team. This is a business development role. You will have expert skills in this EB/Umbrella fund space. You are smart, well presented, technically astute as while you are in a business development role it is specialist in nature. You enjoy providing sound, educated and well researched ‘advice’ to clients who expect this from this particular brand.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for promoting and growing the group savings business;
- You will be required to be a strong product and brand evangelist;
- You will be required to provide strategic, technical and business analysis that will contribute towards the long-term growth and success of the group savings and investment business;
- You will be required to drive client acquisition, mainly through a dedicated panel of EB consultants, but also through intermediaries on BDM panels;
- You will be required to develop deep relationships with the panel of consultants to make sure the company becomes a trusted business partner to them;
- You will be required to open and develop new business opportunities;
- You will be required to identify and develop new consultant relationships;
- You will be required to provide a high level of technical employee benefit support to clients;
- You will be required to drive client engagement alongside BDM’s;
- You will be required to perform product comparisons and client presentations;
- You will be required to understand the retirement fund market;
- You will be required to perform market / industry research;
- You will be required to assess the feasibility of product/new business opportunities;
- You will be required to carry out internal research to understand client behaviour and product / portfolio effectiveness in meeting client needs and to identify potential changes;
- You will be required to carry out analysis and research in support of innovative and strategic projects;
- You will be required to understand client needs and work alongside internal stakeholder for effective client delivery (scheme installation support).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to build deep and meaningful relationships;
- You have a friendly and diplomatic nature, possessing sufficient maturity to speak confidently and with empathy to intermediaries and clients, many of whom may be senior executives;
- You have the highest standards of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality – this is essential;
- You are able to cope with shifting priorities and will need to ensure conformity with processes and rules;
- You are energetic, flexible, organised and self-disciplined and enjoy working in a team / project environment;
- You have excellent self-management skills and the ability to work independently;
- You have sound problem-solving skills;
- You have honed presentation skills;
- You have skilled report writing ability.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in commerce at honours level;
- You have extensive knowledge of the employee benefits industry and are currently at a competitor;
- You are a strong business developer;
- You will be required to travel, nationally so need to be flexible wrt working hours.
This is a lovely high end, well respected space- they are successful and hence the need for another resource. Niche team within a bigger business. Brand will open doors for you – you need to keep the standard and level of knowledge and support to clients that is expected from this global best practice investment company.