R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in the United Kingdom.
They now seek a performance analyst to join their team. You will report to the manager: investment, risk and performance. This role is suitable for an employment equity candidate, who can ‘hit the ground running’ in this role!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to support the investment and business development teams with accurate performance and risk and attribution calculations;
- You will be responsible for full involvement in the performance cycle;
- You will be responsible for daily and monthly performance procedure;
- You will be required to continuously evaluate and enhance performance function;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc quantitative / risk-return queries;
- You will be responsible for ex-post risk analysis;
- You will be responsible for compiling and evaluating performance data for business pitches.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a team player;
- You are willing to learn;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have pride in your work; attention to detail; accuracy and going the ‘extra mile’;
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritise;
- You are deadline orientated.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com hnrs / B Bus Sc (actuarial, quantitative management) B.Sc; and sound academic results;
- You have a strong financial mathematics and statistical orientation;
- You have a minimum 2 – 3 years’ current, relevant experience in a performance role within an asset management environment;
- You have an understanding of operational work-flow, performance and attribution methodologies and portfolio risk statistics;
- You have an excellent understanding of investment strategies, financial instruments and markets;
- You have strong systems knowledge and skills required;
- You have advanced Excel knowledge · You have Statpro (performance & attribution, interactive) knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You ideally have Morningstar Direct and INet knowledge- this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have SQL server knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage.
Very smart business; great reputation; superb colleagues; good rewards on performance and a culture that encourages excellence in all things- and celebrates individuals who enjoy working hard and smart!