Package HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless legal, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to private, corporate and institutional clients across multiple jurisdictions. They are privately owned and fully independent with 17 offices in 12 jurisdictions, over 1,100 employees and over $220 billion in assets under administration.
They now seek a team leader – compliance to be based in Mauritius. You will report to compliance will report to the senior compliance officer based in Cape Town. This is a role for a spunky, can do, hardworking, friendly, smart candidate. It would not suit a family its for a single person or a couple.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to will oversee and manage the compliance team and assist Mauritius and South African management and staff members in discharging their responsibility to comply with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements through the provision of compliance services and to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report regulatory compliance risks facing the organisation;
- You will be required to act as the data protection officer;
- You will be required to act as the designated compliance officer;
- You will be required to investigate reported data protection events/breaches in line with the group’s GDPR accountability framework;
- You will be required to oversee and manage the day to day activities of the compliance team;
- You will be required to train and support team members in the implementation of the compliance monitoring programme;
- You will be required to act as money laundering reporting officer, with the responsibilities set out in the code on the prevention of money laundering & terrorist financing and any other guidance issued by the FSC or contained in statute or regulation as updated or amended from time to time;
- You will be required to receive and investigate internal suspicion reports, determine the existence of reportable suspicions of money laundering or terrorist financing, file such reports and act as the main point of contact with the reporting authority;
- You will be required to ensure effective implementation of the compliance monitoring programme and monitoring activities including implementation and monitoring the operation of the AML / CFT policy and procedures;
- You will be required to reporting periodically to the Board and/or committee(s) established thereunder regarding:
- Material breaches of the compliance policies and procedures;
- Breaches of the AML / CFT policy and procedures and Mauritius AML / CFT laws, codes and best practice;
- Weaknesses or failings in relation to the adequacy or effectiveness of internal controls, policies, procedures or systems relating to AML / CFT, and recommendations for remediation or improvement of the same;
- The number of internal suspicion reports made by staff;
- The number of external suspicion reports submitted to the reporting authority;
- You will be required to track non-compliant findings with respective business unit function managers until resolved;
- You will be required to monitor the efficiency and consistency of compliance controls and assist with the enhancement of procedures and controls;
- You will be required to review the results of all monitoring activities and ensure that monitoring is performed to a consistent standard across the team;
- You will be required to actively manage the mitigation of compliance breaches;
- You will be required to maintain appropriate written procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and group policies, and monitor adherence to such procedures;
- You will be required to prepare training material and deliver training in compliance with regulatory obligations and business procedures;
- You will be required to prepare compliance reports to management and various committees and governance structures within the group;
- You will be required to prepare reports to regulatory authorities;
- You will be required to monitor changes in relevant legal requirements and other regulatory developments which may impact on the company and advise the directors on their implications;
- You will be required to provide advice to the directors on the regulatory implications of new business areas and new products;
- You will be required to provide on-going compliance advice to management and staff members;
- You will be required to develop and maintain the relationship with the regulators;
- You will be required to manage and oversee the delivery of compliance services by the compliance team based in Mauritius.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have team management skills and are a natural leader and team player;
- You are well organized with the ability to work autonomously and deal with a very busy workload;
- You are self-motivated, mature and able to use initiative with a strong hands-on approach;
- You have a discreet and confidential manner and are able, to motivate others based on your work ethic and leadership style;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You have the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the business.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a relevant honours degree in law/risk/compliance;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant work experience in the industry, of which 2-3 years must have been in compliance in a respected FS company;
- You have a strong working knowledge of the South African regulatory environment in the financial services sector. If you have experience working in Mauritius or with this jurisdiction it would be a distinct advantage.
New role – current incumbent is returning to SA – after a successful tenure in the role and staying with the group.