R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an African investment firm with global best practice standards and a stellar track record of success.
They now seek a performance analyst to join their team. You will work closely with the head of performance and attribution and also the head of the investment team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide support to the Investment and Business Development teams with accurate performance and risk and attribution calculations;
- You will be responsible for full involvement in the performance analytics process;
- You will be responsible for daily and monthly performance procedure;
- You will be responsible for continuously evaluating and enhancing performance function;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc quantitative / risk-return queries;
- You will be responsible for ex-post risk analysis;
- You will be responsible for compiling and evaluating performance data for business pitches;
- You will be responsible for global investment performance standards reporting.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are a team player;
- You take pride in accuracy;
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritise;
- You are deadline orientated.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a BBusSci / B Com / BSc (actuarial or quantitative management or maths or statistics);
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ current, relevant experience in a performance role within an asset management environment;
- You have an understanding of performance and attribution methodologies and portfolio risk statistics;
- You have an excellent understanding of investment strategies, financial instruments and markets;
- You have financial mathematics or statistical orientation;
- You have knowledge of Excel – this is essential;
- You have programming (Visual, Basic, Python etc.) knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have Statpro (Performance& Attribution, Interactive) knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have Bloomberg / Inet knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
You are smart, hard working, focussed and interested in the performance, risk and attribution space. You are keen to learn and work for a very smart investment professional and as part of a successful and proudly South African team.