R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a Pan African Investment Banking Company founded to provide financial advisory, money markets, capital markets and investment management services to its select clients. The goal over the next 3 years is to build world-class credit-risk capabilities which support the sustainable and profitable growth of our niche funding businesses. This includes underwriting of new deals, managing of deals through their lifecycle, daily financial operations, data analytics and reporting. This is a youthful, growing business.
This role will not work in isolation but will be closely supported by the COO to structure the correct people, processes and systems which allow the team to responsibly scale their operations and meet the ambitious long-term goals. There will be a blend of strategic planning/building but also tactical day-to-day responsibilities to support sales in getting new deals approved and managing the existing book
They now seek a credit operations specialist to join their team. This is a critical role – a new position for them – and they want a smart, capable, hard working, innovative individual who detests mediocrity!
The company is on the journey of growing from a great business to a significant business. They have all the right building blocks in place: a proven compelling client proposition, clear distribution channels, a solid team and strong financial backing. They are a driven team who are passionate about what they do with an “all-in” attitude to achieving success and having fun along the way. As a leader in the business you will be expected to help drive the business culture and strategy, and give of your ‘shower thoughts’.
Joining their growing team during the foundation phase will allow you the opportunity to gain unique professional skills and experiences, whilst developing an exponential career growth path. This role will allow you to engage in meaningful work while getting hands-on exposure working with exceptional people and side-by-side with the founding executive team. If you are looking to work in a cubical from 9 – 5, fear change, or prefer hiding in mediocrity then this role is not for you.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Credit underwriting process:
- You will be required to gather, prepare and analyze client data to make the best credit decisions;
- You will be required to prepare reports and present findings to credit committee for approval;
- You will be required to work with sales, legal & finance teams to execute deals in line with credit policy;
- Manage & monitor credit risk:
- You will be required to manage risk through the lifecycle of a deal:
- You will be required to create dashboards and reports to help manage credit risk & exposures;
- You will be required to collect, prepare and analyze monitoring data on a monthly basis, and action next steps per loan agreements;
- You will be required to analyze financial and operational data to form actionable insights for the management team;
- Financial operations:
- You will be required to ensure consistency between credit approval, legal agreements, loan management & monitoring;
- You will be required to accurately load deals onto loan management system;
- You will be required to prepare monthly client statements;
- You will be required to calculate and prepare accounting journal entries for finance;
- You will be required to manage monthly collections and escalate breaches as necessary;
- You will be required to liaise with finance department to forecast cash flow requirements and to manage liquidity risk;
- Product development & management support:
- You will be responsible for competitor analysis, research, modelling and executing new financial products;
- You will be responsible for profit management of the existing product set;
- You will be responsible for technical product and credit training across the business:.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are able to demonstrate an ownership mentality by taking accountability for your work, being pro-active and continually pushing the envelope forward on what is possible within the credit division;
- You are able to take decisive action in the most effective and efficient manner, while collaborating with the broader company team;
- You are able to bring an analytical, systematic and pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- You have project management skills to drive coordinated action across various stakeholders in the business in meeting our goals & objectives for the division;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are risk conscious;
- You have a commercial mindset;
- You are curious. You are prepared to learn and dive deep into problems;
- You are a team player;
- You have a hands on & practical approach;
- You have multi-tasking & prioritization skills;
- You are able and willing to speak your mind;
- You are adaptable & resilient;
- You have a credit mindset: thinking of downside risks, cashflow analysis, understanding of capital structure and waterfall, loan structuring;
- You have an operations mindset: project management & execution, product and financial controls, reporting, expense management, budget management;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have a strong quantitative and modelling ability.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a CFA designation;
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services – this is preferred; B,.Bus Sc/Actuarial qualification is also supported;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years current, relevant credit and / or financial operations experience specifically in the business lending sector, either an alternative lender or bank;
- You have current, relevant experience in producing and analyzing the financial statements of small and medium sized companies;
- You have strong MS Office knowledge with Excel advanced.