Ideally a bilingual candidate – but Afrikaans is not essential if you do not have it as an alternative to English.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- Significant upside but also a good fixed CTC- this is to attract someone in a role currently who would like to work for a ‘better’ house and brand and a highly acquisitive one – both in terms of clients but also good staff! They have hired three top individuals from competitors recently so an attractive spot to land!
Our client follows a disciplined investment approach to protect and grow the wealth of their clients through services such as portfolio management, investment advisory service, stockbroking, derivatives, tax & fiduciary and offshore investments. Their products and services cater for the bespoke needs of High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals, and legal entities now and for generations to come. They have approximately 23 offices in the UK, Australia, Switzerland, the Cayman Islands and Mauritius. They are committed to excellence and as a result, place strong emphasis on client experience, investment performance and most importantly on developing their people creating both an inspirational and aspirational client centred work environment for their people.
They now seek a portfolio manager to join their team. You will manage an existing book but must be able to source new business – we don’t want ‘just’ a farmer – and if you have your own book of course you will be able to negotiate ‘hard’ wrt this being taken over.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to manage client investment portfolios of an existing book; and source new business in this specialist niche;
- You will be responsible for the portfolio construction;
- You will be required to build an asset base / business development is therefore important.
- You will be required to maintain client relationships buy providing value added services;
- You will be required to align individual client portfolios with model portfolios; there are also services to clients in credit, fiduciary; international offerings and structured products inter alia;
- You will be required to monitor individual portfolios and deal with market movements and research;
- You will be required to manage client instructions with regard to corporate actions, dividends etc.;
- You will be required to complete new client mandates;
- You will be required to network, market the company and grow your client base.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to set and maintain high work standards;
- You are results orientated and a self-starter;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You have a strong and honed understanding of the financial markets;
- You have integrity in conducting all business activities and a wonderful track record of happy clients;
- You are highly organized with a high level of customer focus;
- You are accurate and have a keen eye for detail;
- You have a critical and analytical capability;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure and show maturity, confidence and resilience;
- You have excellent listening skills;
- You have a pro-active approach to work, clients and problem solving;
- You have an innate learning agility and curiosity;
- You are assertive but not dogmatic;
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA)/B.Bus Sc/MBA/CFA;
- You are studying towards a relevant post graduate qualification (CFA, FRM) – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a relevant regulatory exam qualification RE 5 applicable to CAT II;
- You have current, relevant related experience, preferably within wealth management or stockbroking enviroment;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience in the investment management industry (preferably with an established client base); this is obviously open – it may be 10 years or even 15 years.
- You have strong knowledge and experience in the management of equities, multi-asset class portfolios, portfolio construction and understanding trade-offs in risk and return;
- You have knowledge of the private client industry and an interest and passion in same;
- You have offshore trading knowledge;
- You have stockbroking knowledge.
You just need the introduction to the client and the knowledge that they are looking – the rest of your CV and person speaks for itself. For a confidential discussion whatsupp Claire on 0827884032.