Offshore business forging new line of business.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS= to attract and entice
Our client is a London based wealth management company, with offices nationally in SA. The company focusses on building long-term wealth for their clients. For South African clients they only focus on their offshore investments. The company employs more than 90 highly skilled staff and has more than £3.2bn assets under administration. The company is a young, dynamic company with a flat management structure, providing the candidate with an ideal environment to achieve mutual growth goals.
They now seek a business development manager to join their team. This is for a new market – local product – feeder fund in SA to IFA’s.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the intermediated segment of the market, notably financial advisers; platforms; discretionary fund managers and other notable aggregators;
- You will be responsible for both business development (sales) and relationship management but not just relationship management – this is important and responsible for company’s fund range, both the offshore domiciled range and the ZAR feeder fund/s;
- You will be required to focus on all aspects of business development / relationship management to maintain and deliver profitable revenue growth and asset growth for the firm;
- You will be required to develop new business opportunities on a targeted approach basis consistent with company capabilities and in a co-operative manner with other team members by leveraging existing financial intermediary relationships and own relationships;
- You will be required to manage new business opportunities to closure by identifying key decision makers, managing RFI’s / RFP’s, participating in client presentations, and communicating value proposition and commercial benefits to prospective clients; You will be responsible for leveraging various team members, as appropriate, is critical to closing of opportunities;
- You will be required to develop detailed knowledge of the company’s investment solutions (across all assets classes), and a good level knowledge of the company’s capabilities;
- You will be required to develop and assist in expanding market awareness of the company’s brand and investment solutions by developing / enhancing marketing material, attending various conference events, generating promotional opportunities and other relevant activities (ratings agencies);
- You will be responsible for working closely with, and as directed by the managing director, to support the overall development of the company’s stated strategic objectives;
- You will be responsible for participating in regular ‘pipeline review’ and general business strategy meetings.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a positive, self-motivated individual, who is articulate;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are responsive and well organized;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum of 5 – 10 years current, relevant sales experience, with proven track record, of growing AUM in the financial intermediary market;
- You have knowledge and current, relevant experience of working with financial intermediaries in SA market, with focus on wealth management, family office and IFA market segments;
- You have current, relevant experience of working in financial intermediary market outside of SA – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience in fund distribution into above target markets;
- You have current, relevant experience in developing sales strategy and delivering on plans to achieve agreed AUM targets; Technical support to be provided by centralised investment management team;
- You have knowledge of / adopting best practices in terms of ‘sales and relationship management;
- You have knowledge of fund distribution via third party platforms and the role of DFM’s in the value chain;
- You have a general understanding of relevant industry trends, regulatory (AML / KYC) requirements and competitor propositions;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. You are a B.Com/CFP/CFA part.
This is a new role. Lovely team/; great brand; friendly hard working and smart colleagues.