R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, the company delivers above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek a treasury analyst to join the economic capital team. Fantastic new role – for a smart capable professional!
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to execute day to day cash management;
- You will be responsible for maintenance of bank and various investment accounts;
- You will be required to review of short term investments in compliance with mandate and trading limits;
- You will be required to manage and execute group collateral requirements;
- You will be required to execute daily trading activities and liquidity transformations;
- You will be responsible for reporting on cash management, trading positions, trading activities;
- You will be required to develop and implement strategies to manage liquidity and maximise profitability.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a professional;
- You have strong relationship management skills;
- You are a team player;
- You have a high sense of responsibility;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to process large volumes of information;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have strong technical and analytical skills;
- You have strong planning & organizational skills;
- You are resilient / have an entrepreneurial attitude;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA (SA) with clients at audit in financial services; B.Bus Sc would be suitable too;
- You have an understanding of money markets, liquidity management and HQLA;
- You are articulate and confident with a strong commercial focus;
- You have well-developed analytical and risk management capabilities;
- You are a registered person (JSE);
- You have Advanced MS Excel skills.
You are smart, capable, professional and skilled. This is an excellent team – and you have the opportunity to work with a best of breed business!