R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client, through their capital management capability, provides financial engineering solutions within the equity and debt capital markets, property markets and private equity. These services are offered to corporates, parastatals, asset managers, life companies, hedge funds and property developers.
They now seek a transaction management: deal specialist to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the financial and product control to the front office;
- You will be required to prepare returns and ensure reconciliation of payments, market risk and profit and loss and is responsible for journal entries to the general ledger;
- You will be required to be involved with valuation control and price testing as well as balance sheet and expense analysis;
- You will be required to identify internal control weaknesses and implements corrective procedures;
- You will be required to test the market data on front office systems daily and completes end of day procedures;
- You will be required to prepare management reports as well as reports on profit and loss and market risk;
- You will be required to assist with the annual budget for the business;
- You will be responsible for deal modelling based on legal and other relevant documentation;
- You will be responsible for booking of deals / transactions in the product system based on the modelling;
- You will be responsible for preparing deal cash flow and executing the pay away process;
- You will be responsible for reconciling models to the product system and clearing all reconciling items or issues related to the deals;
- You will be responsible for liaising with clients, facility agents, financial institutions, dealmakers, advisors and various stakeholders on deal related information;
- You will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring all deal related events and executing accordingly.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a keen eye for detail and have an organised approach;
- You have the ability to operate and think independently;
- You have tha ability to perform under pressure;
- You are responsive;
- You are accessible;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You are team oriented;
- You are able to assist in any regulatory and audit related processes;
- You are able to assist in ad hoc projects;
- You are able to cultivate innovation;
- You are customer focussed;
- You are results driven;
- You are able to collaborate;
- You are resilient;
- You have interpersonal savvy;
- You are able to manage complexity;
- You are able to plan and align;
- You are able to optimise work processes.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B. Bus Sc or CA(SA)/CFA or part;
- You have a minimum 3 – 5 years current, relevant experience;
- You have of product and financial controls knowledge;
- You have market risk management knowledge;
- You have reporting knowledge;
- You have valuation control and expense management knowledge;
- You have budget management knowledge;
- You have current, relevant Murex experience – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have exposure to debt and equity structured finance and derivatives – this would be a distinct advantage.
- You have knowledge of financial markets instruments;
- You have an understanding of the valuation of financial instruments;
- You have financial modelling skills / sound numerical skills;
- You have the ability to read and understand contracts, opinions and applicable legislation relevant to the business units;
- You have computer literacy: MS Word and Excel (Advanced level) knowledge.
Super smart team with great prospects!