R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is is a global merchant commodities firm specializing in energy and its associated industries. They focus on identifying value in the production, refinement, transportation and consumption of tradable commodities and anticipating opportunities in the supply chain where they may be under or over-valued. Founded originally in 1997, the company has a global reach spanning 11 offices and approximately 360 employees (85 traders and originators). The company’s rigorous research, analytical approach, and entrepreneurial culture have contributed to its strong track record and growth over that time. Current traders and originators include those with experience from the energy industry, financial institutions and other merchant trading firms.
They now seek a global IT infrastructure operations manager to join their team. BRAND NEW ROLE!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be a highly motivated technologist to build and lead the Cape Town, South Africa based technology support team consisting of approximately 7 operations engineers;
- You will be responsible for day to day operations and oversight of Windows Server, Global Network Infrastructure, MS-Exchange Environment;
- You will be responsible for the creation and operation of a cyber security operations team with the goal of ensuring the ongoing protection of the firm against cyber threats;
- You will be required to design and build your own team supporting a rapidly growing trading firm, you shall have the opportunity to develop engineering and operations experience on cutting edge technologies e.g. Cloud,Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, next generation data protection.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are goal oriented, capable of understanding the big picture whilst dealing with any tactical emergencies in a structured and composed manner;
- You are an independent self-starter able to visualize and create the technology platforms, policies and procedures to deliver an excellent infrastructure technology platform;
- You have excellent communications (verbal and written) skills in English within a globally distributed team – this is essential.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a relevant degree at honours level;
- You have a minimum of 9 years current, relevant experience, including senior or lead roles, to successfully manage and maintain Infrastructure Technology platforms supporting a global energy and commodities trading firm, ideally; but certainly an underanding of same;
- You have minimum of 6 years current, relevant experience in senior infrastructure engineer / operations experience in a global best practice services industry;
- You have a minimum of 6 years current, relevant Senior Infrastructure Engineer / operations experience;
- You have a minimum of 10 years current, relevant Windows Desktop experience;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant Windows Server experience;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant Windows AD experience;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant Virtualization experience;
- You have a minimum of 4 years current, relevant Endpoint Security experience;
- You have collaboration and mobility (Telephony, IM, MDM, Wireless) knowledge;
- You have a minimum of 3 years coding exposure for automation, config management e.g. Python, Powershell, Ansible;
- You have networking (Route/Switch) knowledge;
- You have storage – SAN’s knowledge;
- You have hyper converged infrastructure e.g. Nutanix knowledge;
- You have MS Exchange knowledge;
- You have Amazon and Azure Cloud Networking knowledge;
- You have data protection – Networker, Cohesity, Veeam knowledge.
You are smart, capable, confident and a natural born leader. This is a new operation in CT but an established successful global business. Best of both worlds – live in CT and work for an international firm!