R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients and has grown to become one of Africa’s largest investment management companies. This company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients.
The company’s primary goal is to achieve long term wealth creation for its clients.
They now seek an accountant – group finance –to join their team. You will report to the financial controller and head of group finance.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting of the company and assistance with reporting for other company entities, as required within the team;
- You will be responsible for accounting function for the company from cash book through to financial statements and reporting to management and various regulators;
- Accounting function for the company comprises:
- You will be responsible for the preparation and recording of payments (estimated at max 10 per month);
- You will be responsible for cash book entries recording receipt of fee income;
- You will be responsible for monthly journal entries;
- You will be responsible for system extracts for policyholder transactions;
- You will be responsible for high level review and consolidation of policyholder transactions maintained by retail finance;
- Reporting is required as follows :
- You will be responsible for the management information (for company and used for group consolidated reporting);
- You will be responsible for the monthly preparation of AFS, management income statement;
- You will be responsible for the monthly analysis of income (versus budget and versus assets);
- You will be responsible for monthly capital adequacy monitoring for reporting to MD;
- Regulatory reporting:
- You will be responsible for quarterly reporting to SARB;
- You will be responsible for quarterly reporting to FSCA, including in terms of SAM;
- You will be responsible for annual reporting to FSCA, including in terms of SAM;
- You will be responsible for quarterly reporting to ASISA, including the review and consolidation of data from retail finance;
- Tax reporting:
- You will be responsible for DWT, VAT, income tax (IT14L in terms of the 4 funds approach required by S29A);
- You will be responsible for the preparation of financial reports for the bi-annual directors meeting;
- You will be responsible for driving the SAM calculations reporting requirements and internal processes with the assistance, where appropriate, of the company’s statutory actuary;
- You will be responsible for assistance in accounting and reporting of other institutional company(ies);
- You will be responsible for liaison with retail finance on the life products that form part of the company;
- You will be responsible for other responsibilities in order to assist both the institutional team and the overall group finance team, as may be required. .
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have the ability to quickly detect errors;
- You have an aptitude for numbers and routine work;
- You are capable of working unassisted and seeing tasks through to successful completion;
- You have an inherent inclination to closely follow rules and procedures;
- You are able to fit easily into a young, energetic, hardworking, demanding and team orientated environment;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have 1 – 3 years current, relevant experience. If you are a CA(SA) and you are completing articles with clients at Audit in FS and have passed Board at 1st attempt – this client would welcome you too.
You are a friendly, well presented professional who is keen to work in a global best practice business.