R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is is a global merchant commodities firm specializing in energy and its associated industries. They focus on identifying value in the production, refinement, transportation and consumption of tradable commodities and anticipating opportunities in the supply chain where they may be under or over-valued. Founded originally in 1997, the company has a global reach spanning 11 offices and approximately 360 employees (85 traders and originators). The company’s rigorous research, analytical approach, and entrepreneurial culture have contributed to its strong track record and growth over that time. Current traders and originators include those with experience from the energy industry, financial institutions and other merchant trading firms.
They now seek a network engineering and operations lead to join their team. This is a start up of this global operation in Cape Town.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be a highly motivated technologist able to operate and innovate the LAN,WAN’s and extranet which is the mission critical foundation of the global trading business;
- You will be responsible for operations and engineering of the security infrastructure eg. Firewalls, IDS / IPS;
- You will be required to assist in the engineering and deployment of a security monitoring and incident management platform;
- You will be required to operate and evolve a mission critical infrastructure platform supporting a rapidly growing trading firm, you shall have the opportunity to develop engineering and operations experience on cutting edge technologies e.g. Cloud,Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, next generation data protection and Cyber Security.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are goal oriented, capable of understanding the big picture whilst dealing with any tactical emergencies in a structured and composed manner;
- You are an independent self-starter able to visualize and create the technology platforms, policies and procedures to deliver an excellent infrastructure technology platform;
- You have excellent communications (verbal and written) skills in English and can operation within a globally distributed team – this is essential.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience as a senior infrastructure engineer / operations experience;
- You have a minimum of 8 years current, relevant networking – route / switch / firewall, experience;
- You have a minimum of 2 years current, relevant Amazon and Azure Cloud networking experience;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant network/systems monitoring platforms etc.;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant network packet analysis experience;
- You have security incident management experience;
- You have coding exposure for Automation, Config Management e.g. Python, Powershell, Ansible;
- You have knowledge of Syslog , System Event logs consolidation and analysis platforms;
- You have knowledge of storage – SAN’s;
- You have knowledge of hyper converged infrastructure e.g. Nutanix;
- You have MS Exchange knowledge;
- You have data protection – Networker, Cohesity, Veeam knowledge.
You are keen to work in a global best practice business and be integral in the start up and success of this new SA chapter!