Our client is a boutique consultancy, providing advanced advisory and analytics capabilities; executive-level decision support and strategic advice. The company has a diverse range of South African and international clients. They have a passion for shaping markets and industries to deliver sustainable benefits to society. They provide specialist advisory economics services in the areas of: energy transition and power sector reform; economic regulation; commercial and civil litigation; business strategy; infrastructure development; competition economics. The company’s business is expanding rapidly with increasing involvement in high profile, strategic initiatives in the energy and climate change sector in South Africa. Their practice provides exciting opportunities to make a significant contribution to the energy transition unfolding in their country and beyond. The Principal mentioned: ‘ Its worth emphasising our work on the energy transition from fossil to renewable energy in South Africa, our work on the reforms required at regulatory/government level and generally our high profile in the energy sector in South Africa. We have high-level competencies in financial and regulatory modelling and analysis. We are currently working on a world-first climate finance transaction .’ The consultancy is doing cutting edge policy development, planning and financial scenario modelling work in the public energy and renewables sector in SA. They also take on significant commercial work in the broader energy sector, some of it with a strong focus on competition law.
They now seek a senior financial analyst to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be for responsible for financial and regulatory modelling and analysis;
- You will be for responsible for economic and energy data analysis;
- You will be for responsible for sector-based research;
- You will be for responsible for problem analysis;
- You will be for responsible for policy / strategy / solution design;
- You will be for responsible for bespoke proposal writing;
- You will be for responsible for client and stakeholder relationship management;
- You will be for responsible for professional report writing and presentation design.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong technical skills to fulfil the role;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are an innovative problem solver;
- You are an independent and critical thinker;
- You are a committed and rigorous professional, able to deliver high quality work;
- You are an effective team member;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a Masters degree in finance, economics and or engineering;
- You have a minimum of seven years current, relevant experience;
- You have current, relevant experience as a professional consultant or financial or energy analyst –;
- You have financial analysis expertise and have advanced Excel skills.
The consultancy works with executive level clients and the work provides fantastic opportunities for employees to get career advancing professional exposure in addition to working with industry ‘guru’s’.
They are a focussed business and they would provide you with the distinct possibility of exposure to a wide range of work within the energy sector. Exciting team!