R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is one of Africa’s leading passive investment management businesses. They specialise in index-tracking investment solutions across exchange traded funds (ETFs), unit trusts and segregated mandates (for institutions). They are a highly successful team. They are also part of a larger business and have great traction as a result.
They now seek an analyst to join their research, product development and sales support team. You will report to the head: products and client solutions. You will form part of a three person team. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills – a quant of sorts with a great qualitative brain too – so that you can present the ideas to be used not just make models and spreadsheets. As this is a smaller team – with a big footprint – you get a 360 degree view of the investment space and outstanding exposure. They are smart, friendly, can do, successful and keen to have a likeminded person join them.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to assess portfolios for design efficiency and track performance, regularly;
- You will be responsible for performance reporting and also product development – pricing, assessment of competitor analysis and input from a competitor point of vie on products and services including timing of offering and pricing of same;
- You will be responsible for generating and reporting relevant data to various client segments on a regular basis; and making this data smart, user friendly and applicable to the audience its meant for;
- You will be responsible for continuous research on the market and have this inform new portfolio development and refinements where relevant; it is a close working relationship with the PM’s;
- You will be required to ensure data is accurate and disseminated intelligently but you are not just sitting behind a desk – you are looking at innovation; providing up to the minute comparisons wrt other products and services and being a live wire wrt ideas and support to the business both on the investment and business development ‘sides’.
- You are able to collaborate with other team members and contribute across business functions. This is an important role in the team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a keen eye for detail and can work accurately under pressure;
- You are highly numerate;
- You are resourceful and find solutions to problems and work in areas that are not just your frame of reference so that the outcome is successful for the business;
- You have strong project management skills;
- You are able to function as part of a young, innovative team;
- You are able to multi-task and have effective time management skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CFA Level II or III candidate;
- You are a B.Com Hnrs/B.Bus Sc or similar;
- You have a minimum of 2 years current, relevant experience in asset management;
- You have current, relevant multi-manager, stockbroking, discretionary fund manager or index / passive investing experience – the latter this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Excel;
- You have working knowledge of Morningstar and Bloomberg;
- You are functional knowledge of various aspects of the asset management ecosystem.
You are friendly, hard working, self motivated and a positive influence in the work place. You will be rewarded with good salary and bonus and a very happy and smart work space. This is a good and successful place to work.