R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a new generation investment manager that offers investors access to more sources of return and more ways to manage risk. In the institutional space in South Africa as well as their Global business, they pride themselves on offering solutions to address clients’ holistic balance sheet needs, and to support business strategies in the reallocation of investment capital in the face of increasing regulatory pressures. The company’s approach is to understand their clients’ individual needs and to gain insight into the strategic investment challenges they face, to provide appropriate solutions to their investment challenges. The company’s vision as an asset manager is: getting those that are not saving to save; getting those who are saving to save more effectively and helping to fund Africa.
They now seek two business development managers to join their team. You will report directly to the head of retail distribution. This is a role for a seasoned professional. The manager is hands off – he wants to hire grown ups who enjoy sales and service and targets and adding value – he is not keen to train at this point or micro manage. Which therefore means you are largely your own boss with huge support when you need it but no micromanaging when you don’t!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to play a role in building the distribution capability within the company; this would include through corporate channels and the top IFA’s.
- You will be responsible for raising and maintaining assets, establishing the investor base, leading the marketing efforts and improving and expanding the relationship with investors around the globe;
- You will be required to actively work across products with variety of IFA’s to grow investment business;
- You will be required to effectively position the company products and holistic solutions to IFA’s;
- You will be required to secure sales and facilitate new inflows for the business;
- You will be required to establish and maintain new networks, brokerages & individual brokers;
- You will be responsible for making & facilitating deals and be involved in due diligences and bespoke offerings;
- You will be required to channel competitor activity to relevant product houses;
- You will be required to structure and craft distribution events for the IFA’s in panel;
- You will be responsible for events & roll out of events in the region;
- You will be required to have the ability to understand the big picture in which the business is operating, the inter-play between the different components and the impact on your specific business. This includes an understanding of commercial and financial principles and you will add value to your panel but providing them with information and insights in the form of bespoke marketing documentation;
- You will be responsible for effectively meeting client needs; building inspiring relationships and taking responsibility for client experience;
- You will be required to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to select the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through;
- You will be required to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; adapting one’s own style to accommodate the target audience;
- You will be responsible for establishing a course of action for self and others to ensure that goals are achieved. This includes the effective management of time and resources; and the ability to adapt plans when appropriate;
- You will be responsible for assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistently to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered;
- You will be responsible for having achieved a full performance level of technical knowledge, related to a specific role;
- You will be required to have the ability to perceive, interpret and translate information (stimuli) in order to competently performs processes and tasks at various levels of complexity within the organisation. It also includes the ability to apply analytical, integrative, lateral or systemic thinking; depending on the task at hand.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong people skills needed in order to build trust and confidence within the company business;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong presentation skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail and accuracy within expected timelines;
- You are able to proactively seek and embrace formal and informal training opportunities for personal and professional development;
- You are able to build strategic relationships / network;
- You have commercial and financial acumen;
- You are customer service orientated;
- You have drive and are results orientated;
- You have ethical judgement skills;
- You are flexible;
- You have sound knowledge sharing skills;
- You are persuasive / have selling skills;
- You have planning and organising skills;
- You have honed presentation and facilitation skills;
- You have strategic thinking skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum of B Com /B.Bus Sc(finance, accounting and / or economics);
- You have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFP) ; or CFA part;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant professional experience within the investment management industry in a strategic business development role;
- You have current, relevant experience in distribution – this is essential;
- You are able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of capital markets and / or investment products;
- You have knowledge of current economic & political affairs;
- You have strong computer skills – in particular Excel, PowerPoint and online sources such as Reuters / Bloomberg.
Great brand; superb rewards on performance; skilled team. Very smart management.